What's new

Final Fantasy X being released early!!! (1 Viewer)

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Cool news, although read: 'limited quantities.'
That means essentially that places like Software Etc. and EB have already presold every 'early copy' (and then some) of the game. Unless you have preordered and are first in line, you won't be getting this game early.
People will be camping out for this one at the B&Ms that don't allow preorders.
I'll take this stance with the game cube shortage in the Bay Area: I'll wait.
Cool news for the lucky few, though. :) Thanks for the info!
Cheers,
Joseph

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have read 500k copies will be released.

To tell the truth, if I can be guaranteed a copy on January 2, I would rather wait until January 2. I'm looking forward to it a lot, but I can wait another week or two.

Wow, never thought I would say that!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
It's still stinkily dubbed, not touching it. With all that extra space that DVD-ROM provides, not providing a sub option is simple laziness.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link! I pre-ordered mine from EBGames months ago, so hopefully I'll get it early.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Jeff-

Its subbed automatically.

The dub doesn't suck, its the presentation. The voices match, but the way that the lines are chopped up ruins it altogether.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Morgan, you can turn off the voice "acting"?
That's how I got through Shenmue ;) Waiting for my copy of Shenmue 2 with it's unadulterated well-acted goodness right now ;)
jeff Kleist

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Jeff-

Well, I don't think so. Maybe you can change the voice volume and lower it all the way so it doesn't affect sound effects or music.

Then again, I heard that after getting used to it, the VA is OK. Not great, but not bad. Between Shenmue and Metal Gear Solid.

GaryP

Second Unit
Guys,
According to Link Removed we'll now be able to enjoy FFX for Christmas as it is now slated to ship on 12/18. Muy cool if you ask me.:emoji_thumbsup:
Gary

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I just got an email from EBGames, they said they plan on shipping it on Dec. 18. Now on to building "mental toughness" to get ready for some Final Fantasy 'benders.' I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks