What's new

Final Fantasy X-2 (1 Viewer)

Mark Giles

Second Unit
SIMPLE QUESTION....

IS THIS GAME LINEAR LIKE FFX OR DO YOU GET A WORLD MAP THAT YOU CAN GO SEVERAL PLACES ANYTIME YOU WANT???

I JUST WANT TO KNOW THIS BEFORE I DECIDE TO START PLAYING THIS GAME...

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
FF-X2 features a more mission based setup that you can take at your own pace. Those I have spoken with have have said the game is far less linear than the previous entries in the series. I have not personally played the game however I may give this one a look after the new year. FFX left me completely cold but the mission based gameplay and supposedly quick and fun combat system has me somewhat interested.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
The whole game is basically set up like the "world tour" you go on in other FF games before the last boss. The gameplay is pretty good and has one of the better battle systems present in a FF game. The plot is mediocre, in fact, there isn't really much of a plot at all. The characters are horrible and the game constantly beats you over the head with their mind-numbing stupidity, even during the last boss battle. The graphics are the same as FFX, and 90% of the environments were reused. Overall, I would recommend the game for a discounted purchase, as probably only a few people will get $50 enjoyment from it.

Alanna

Second Unit
Some of the characters are horrible, but the main three are fairly well done and I thought they are likeable. The story hasn't pulled me in yet but the game is very enjoyable. The battles can go lightning fast sometimes, I agree that the battle system is pretty darn good/great and the "World Tour" aspect is cool. I don't mind the reuse of enviroments since I bailed on FFX because of my intense hatred of Wakka, all his cronies and the blitzball crap.

James_A

Stunt Coordinator
I still have a FF:X game that I havn't finished... sitting a little past 1/2 way done. It just lost my attention. FF:X-2 on the otherhand is much easier to pick up and play, and enjoy. There's a ton to do here... I believe that it was worth my $$.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks