Final Fantasy X-2 Demo: weird visual effect?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dave F, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Has anyone else noticed a weird visual effect in the demo version of Final Fantasy X-2? The gameplay parts of the screen seem to have a weird blurring of the image, almost like a double-image. The effect isn't present on the HUD or in the menus.

Is the full game the same way? I'm looking forward to the game, but if it looks that bad, I'll pass. [​IMG]

-Dave

2. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Yeah, it's happening in-game but only to objects that are father than the main focus of the camera.

Don't let it deter you from buying the game. It's an excellent game, and the blurry image doesn't seem to happen all the time, and only in battle, and you're frantically casting spells all the time that you don't even notice it much.

Mike

3. Marshall W. Carter

Marshall W. Carter Stunt Coordinator

Hmmm, is it some kind of motion blur? Sounds kind of like what Square had going on in The Bouncer...

4. Ryan*Pr*

Ryan*Pr* Agent

I didn't see the demo, but the game looks normal. Part of the movie clips have what I think you are talking about...it's no big deal at all. Adds a little effect actually.

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

I picked up the full game & it is present, but as Mike mentioned, most of the time you are too busy to notice.

What a horrid design decision though. It reminds me of edge enhancement on a DVD (but it's worse than the worst E.E. that I've seen).

-Dave

6. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    I think the problem's magnified on component TVs.

Mike