What's new

Final Fantasy X-2 Demo: weird visual effect? (1 Viewer)

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else noticed a weird visual effect in the demo version of Final Fantasy X-2? The gameplay parts of the screen seem to have a weird blurring of the image, almost like a double-image. The effect isn't present on the HUD or in the menus.

Is the full game the same way? I'm looking forward to the game, but if it looks that bad, I'll pass. :frowning:

-Dave

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, it's happening in-game but only to objects that are father than the main focus of the camera.

Don't let it deter you from buying the game. It's an excellent game, and the blurry image doesn't seem to happen all the time, and only in battle, and you're frantically casting spells all the time that you don't even notice it much.

Mike

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
Hmmm, is it some kind of motion blur? Sounds kind of like what Square had going on in The Bouncer...

Ryan*Pr*

Agent
I didn't see the demo, but the game looks normal. Part of the movie clips have what I think you are talking about...it's no big deal at all. Adds a little effect actually.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the full game & it is present, but as Mike mentioned, most of the time you are too busy to notice.

What a horrid design decision though. It reminds me of edge enhancement on a DVD (but it's worse than the worst E.E. that I've seen).

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks