Final Fantasy, TimeSplitters 2, and Resident Evil Online News

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

2. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Thanks for the FF7-2 news!

3. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Has anyone tried the TS2 Online method? I'm curious as to how difficult it is and how well it works, might try it myself some day.

4. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

An FF VII-2 would rule! I'm not going to get my hopes up... but I would assume it would be a PS2 title... can you imagine the endless options the story would have. [​IMG]

5. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

FFVII-2 would be good, but I'm more interested in FFXII - a completely new world gets me more excited. I'm also not all that interested in the FFX offf-shoots. I'll probably check them out, but I'm more into the original Square releases.

Any word on FFXI actually coming to the States?

6. GlenHaag

GlenHaag Supporting Actor

As terrific as FF7 was, seeing a side story there would be tremendous.

Here's to hoping.

Glen

7. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I would like a FF7-2 where they develop the background of the game, the stories that go on during the game, and the stuff that happens aftewards. Imagine playing through Cloud's Shinra days...with Sephiroth as your companion!

FFXI will most likely only be on the PC in North America. They're having problems getting a big enough network here to work and haven't even beta tested a PS2 version, so I seriously doubt one will come out.

FFXII looks good from what extremely little I've read about it. The idea of a darker, medieval-themed next-gen FF game sounds really good. Makes me think of FF6.

FFX-2 is only one game, not two. It was 2 games, but not they're in the same game.

8. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

The good old Japanese language barrier keeps news about square games limited. It's a little less now then it was, but even when a game is out for months in Japan we don't see or hear too much about it over here. Isn't FF XII coming out this coming spring?
    Perhaps the Japanese publishers are better about not generating hype for their games, or maybe it's just because they don't need any hype to sell MILLIONS of copies. [​IMG]
    Brian

9. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

FFXII was supposed to come out at the end of last year...in America (according to the Millennium Fair event Square threw in early 2000). But then again, games (especially those from Square and Rare) get pushed back. FFXII might be out this spring in Japan.

And usually, FF games get a LOT of coverage in America or on the internet. There's a lot of videos, pics, and info about popular Japanese games right after they come out on the internet and usually in bigger gaming mags.