What's new

Final Fantasy DVD Release idea..... (1 Viewer)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The 8 spirits are not magic. They might have some connection with the games with the number 8, but they aren't magic. Hironobu Sakaguchi specifically said that magic and summons would not be part of the film whatsoever. The movie takes place on Earth, so all that could be in the movie would have to be alien or scientific, which means no magic. While that one thing looked like Leviathan (a little bit) that doesn't mean it was designed to look like Leviathan.
There is supposed to be a commentary on the DVD from a bunch of people, so they will probably point out the chocobo stuff and things like that.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I didn't mean to state those as being definitive, they are just my interpretation. I'd like to think that Leviathan and the magic were snuck into the movie.
I don't know if the commentaries will provide insight on things like that. Most of the people seem like they will talk about the techinical aspects. I hope there is some kind of interview with Sakaguchi, because I'd like to hear more from him about the movie.
~T

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
There are supposed to be two or more commentary tracks with different people involved with the film. I hope they have something that points out all the little things (like chocobos and such).
Leviathan has looked different in every game. The only things that have continued to look the same are the moogles and the chocobos, so you can't say they snuck Leviathan in there since there are mutliple versions of Leviathan. Also, the whole thing that happened in the end:
Spoiler:The eighth spirit was inside of her (the alien lifeform) and the promise of a better future for the aliens and their planet is what made it into the eighth spirit. She didn't use magic on it, but rather used that whole wavelength thing to disintegrate the alien ghosts. Since they were gone, the Gaia from their planet returned to their planet since all of the "evils" of the planet were destroyed and it was once again at peace.
Thus, no magic.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
If Leviathan has changed its look throughout the series of games, then how can you say that the serpent in the movie couldn't be Leviathan?
I can interpret the whole wave, the 8 spirits combined, to be a magic spell; each of the 8 spirits can be thought of as an ingredient for the magic spell. They are using spirits, something supernatural, to produce an effect that can be used to heal/attack.
You're not going to convince me otherwise! :)
~T

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Thi,
Well the pre-order at DV Depot is pretty good value, so I am going to check this out. Its rare for me to buy DVDs these days on the merits of their supplements alone.... There's always eBay.
Dan (UK)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I'm not saying that Leviathan isn't in there and that the thing isn't magic, I'm just saying that there isn't supposed to be any magic in the movie and that I find it highly unlikely that Leviathan would be in there. The magic thing I find very doubtful since (a) there is no magic in the film and (b) the "magic" is created through scientific means and not through Aki's "powers" (as is the case with the games). Then again, you can believe what you want, and I can believe what you want.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Dan, the movie itself is pretty good too! :) I had to see the movie twice to really appreciate it.
Morgan, to each his own. This is an open-ended movie, so people can believe what they want.
I'm suprised to see how well the DVD has been selling. It's ranked #4 at DV Depot and DVD Empire.
~T

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks