What's new

Final Fantasy DVD details (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but will it have a DTS track if Sony has a new found respect for DTS soundtracks (see SuperBit DVDs) on non-Spielberg titles?
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Why can't they just stick with the original poster art?
Link Removed
[Edited last by Michael Perez on August 05, 2001 at 12:25 PM]

Jay Rodriguez

Stunt Coordinator
I agree. I'm quite a fan of original poster art on my DVD's. Granted, the new cover doesn't look bad at all, but I'd rather have the original artwork.
And yes, if anyone has scoop on the PS2 version, please post them.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I read that the PS2 version will come out about 6 months after this DVD release. Harry Knowles had this to say about the PS2 version:
"As for the PS2 version.... I've already played with some of this, and yes it does go full 360 in full resolution.... it's quite amazing."
~T

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The PS2 version has different scenes added in PS2 real-time graphics. It also allows you to see the action from different shots and rearrange shots to make it your own version of the film. The PS2 version will only be playable on a PS2, and not in a DVD player. There is also a different ending to the film-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Spoiler space
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
They took out the fact that Aki is pregnant with Grey's baby. I read an interview with Ming-Na where she said she liked the ending without it more. The second ending will be on the PS2 version.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Morgan, that spoiler is still implied, by the lines and imagery, in the current movie. I also liked the ending as it is. Once you realize it, it makes the ending subtly more powerful.
~T

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
I think I will wait until the Japanese DVD release of the FF movie before I buy it. The reason for this is, so I can get Japanese language (hoping they will put English subs on it). I really can not stand the voice cast, and I am hoping the Japanese voice cast will be better!
Andrew

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Andy,
But, didn't they animate the lips to move in synch with the original English dialog, or did they animate the lips to synch in Japanese as well?
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
Ummm, Final Fantasy: TSW was originally written and recorded in English. I don't even know if there is going to be a Japanese dub of the movie for that market (I guess there would have to be though). In either case the original film is in English, you'd be getting a dub getting the Japanese. I really liked the English cast anyway.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Chris Lee stated that there wouldn't be a Japanese dub; they wouldn't want to dub over the great voice actors.
~T

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Usually, when films are brought from the US to another country, they just subtitle it in the foreign language.
I thought the cast was OK, considering the dialogue was very Final Fantasy styled (aka--what some would call stupid, drab, dry, boring).

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'm interested to see what the "Joke Outtakes" are.
"Audio Setup"? Hmm....DPL vs. DD or perhaps, *GASP* DTS?
Mike

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
This film REALLY needs a DTS track. I saw it in a well equipped theater in DTS and the sound was amazing. I saw U-571 in the same theater, and FF has a mix that is right up there with it.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Not to be flip, but the film was such a financial disaster that I'd be really surprised if it kept the same key art from the theatrical release to the DVD. Anytime a movie is a disappointment, they always seem to flub the art (for proof, compare the brilliant one-sheet art for Hollow Man with the odious video cover art) as though it was the poster which kept people away.

Adrian_P

Stunt Coordinator
Agree totally with the inclusion of a DTS track. I too saw this in a cinema that was playing it in DTS and thought it was a very loud and aggressive mix. Don't really like that DVD cover, they should have stuck with the poster art. (Although I didn't really like the poster art either)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks