Final Fantasy 4 question

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John-Miles, May 28, 2003.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Ok I was the master of this game on the SNES, but damn is this version ever hard.... well not really, but a few areas and things ahve me confused. the first question I have is what does the smut do, and where do you use it? I found it in the developers room and dont know what to do with it.

Second what does the alarm do? I have heard it is supposed to be used in the pink puff room to summon pink puffs, but I only have one alarm can it be reused? where can i get more?

and finally I am fighting Bahamut now... r tryign to, my last attemt to kill him ended very quickly, Cicel and Edge were the only ones who I was able to give commands to before the countdown was over WTF, how can the countdown be so freaking fast? could it be because I have the disc read speed on fast?

2. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Hmmm try gamefaqs and see if you can dig up any info there

and 4 is easy, try 5 :)

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I tried gamefaqs not much luck so far, and 5 is allot easier than 4 is [​IMG] tho 4 is not hard either witht he exception of bahamut making his count in like 4 seconds real time blah if he does it that fast its impossible to win

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

When FF4 was brought to America, they toned down the difficulty for the American audience. Then, they rereleased FF4 (the American version) in Japan as FF4 Easy Type. That's why FF4 in Chronicles is so hard.

5. Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar Supporting Actor

not only that, but they stripped out all the "dirty" stuff.

Thank god North Americna gamers are no longer treated like toddlers who need babysitting.

6. Andy Olivera

Andy Olivera Screenwriter

First, the Alarm wakes a character cursed with sleep. Second, the Smut doesn't do anything; it's a just a joke put in by the creators.

If you're looking for the Pink Puff all I have to say is "good luck". I assume you're trying to get the Pink Tail(for the Adamant Armor). Those monsters only appear in one tiny room and very rarely(1-in-64). Further, the odds that they drop the Pink Tail are very low(also 1-in-64). IOW, while wandering around that tiny room, you have a 1-in-4096 chance of getting it. As much as I love this game(the American version, anyway; played through it numerous times) I didn't approach the level of fanatacism that would be required to get this particular object. If you happen to run into it, congratulations are in order. [​IMG]

7. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I do remember reading somewhere that the alarm was supposed to be used in the overworld map or in a cave and such and it would summon you directly into a battle, and when in that room it would always get pink puffs, maybe there is some other item which does this...

on a side note i do recall in a translated version i played of FF4 that when the smut was used as an item Ceicel went blind.....

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I had a rough time with this game until I realized that the battle speed was too high. Final Fantasy 2 was my first RPG ever way back on the SNES, and I found it to be of moderate difficulty.

Thus, I was quite suprised when I got the crap kicked out of me in random battles midway through the game in FFC. It seemed like attacks from even the average enemies took away 25% of my max HP, and they were getting in a couple of attacks for every one of mine. However, going into the options and lowering the game speed fixed that imbalance and the game wasn't nearly as tough.

9. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

I beat Final Fantasy 4 but I have to admit, this was hard as hell. Well, I tried my best to beat the game with all five characters surviving, but that's damn near impossible when your characters are less than level 60.

10. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Thanks james, i never considered the game speed, see like most final fantasy fans who cut their teeth on these games a long time ago it just seemed the reasonable thing to do is put it on max speed at the start and go from there [​IMG]

guess i might have to revise this for some battles [​IMG]

11. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about all that other stuff but to beat Bahamut: Have Rosa? (the white mage) cast wall on as many people as possible before the countdown ends. You probably won't get it on everyone but as long as one person has it on the mega nuke (flare) will bounce off and hit bahamut. Depending how much damage your fighters caused to him it may take two rounds of this.

12. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I don't know why you all found 4 so hard, Bahamut was a pussy [​IMG] I found that game to be easy, and it wasn't till 5 that I found areas that were "hard" though if you lvl up even those aren't bad [​IMG]

13. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

FF5 is a walk in the park compared to FF4. I find both games to be great, but I love the Running Shoes item in FF5, areas went so much faster.

I wish they made the new FF games like the old ones.

14. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

David Brian, First of all I know how to beat Bahamut, my problem was the battle would start, due to their higher agility Edge would go first then Ceicil, after i issue commands to both of them, and edge actually acts, Bahamut would cast Mega-Nuke, there was no time to cast even one wall. I fought the battle a second time and made everyone attack (this is the absolute satest you can do things) till i got to FuSoYa and had him cast wall on rosa, he cast the wall then mega nuke went off, everyone died except Rosa, who then tried to cast life on FuSoYa, the life went through then meganuke went off again, so i was back to square 1 with only rosa alive. it is the insane speed of the battle that made it bad.

15. David_N

David_N Stunt Coordinator

Just keep casting wall on Rosa then, only one person has to survive the battle to get bahamut to join. The other thing to try is have Rosa cast haste on herself first then cast wall on herself. Then have her wall anyone else in the remaining time.

Of course if your fighting him with FuSoYa in your party I'd say your levels may be too low. I didn't fight bahamut myself until I had the final 5 party and had fought moon monsters for awhile. Sorry don't remember my levels at the time.

16. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Well I can only compare the levels to FF2 and I am around level 45, ive finished the entire game FF2 without having anyone crack level 40 before, well except FuSoYa who is 50 when you get him.