What's new

final fantasy 12 release date? (1 Viewer)

Brice

Stunt Coordinator
does anyone know? i'm looking for the release date to FF12 for PS2 here in the US? ballpark estimates? anyone else think that this game is going to kick major arse?

Brice

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I heard something about it being a late 2004 release in Japan, so I wouldn't expect it here in the US until early to mid 2005.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Spring/Summer 2004 for Japan, Summer/Fall 2004 for America. That's what it looks like right now.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I'd say your estimates are a little early, Morgan, especially for the US. They're going to want some time for people to buy up FFXI, at least 6-12 months, before they put out XII.

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
Joshf,

Square seems to hold a pretty consistent release time with all their titles. If a Gmae hits in the Summer in Japan, it is almost always here for a holiday release.

Doubt that FF XI will have any hold on when we see FF XII as it caters to an entirerly different crowd. It's like saying we won't see Halo in March because there is a new NHL game coming out. FF XI is selling to a double niche market. RPG gamers, and those with an online connection.

As anticipated as FF XI is, it's sales here will pale in comparision to the stand alone games in the series. Hell even in Japan, who has had the game for 18 months now, has only 400,000 subscribers. FF X-2 has already sold 1.8 million copies since it's release in Japan this spring.

If what I have read has some truth to it, FF XII should be hitting Japan around summer, bushed back from a spring release for the arrival of the new Dragon Quest game by the Enix half of the company. So I definately see a fall release in time for Christmas.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Hell even in Japan, who has had the game for 18 months now, has only 400,000 subscribers
Though oddly enough, they're turning a profit on the game. I think they needed 100,000 people to subscribe to make the game profitable, and they reached that pretty quickly.

FFXI is supposed to come out in January, so there's a huge timeframe for people to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks