What's new

Final Countdown - Still a No Go (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Spoke with PFE again today and the same representative "started" to tell me she didn't have any more info on the disc other than they are in process of being shipped and people should have them in 2-3 weeks. Then I finally cornered her to say that she saw the packaging but not the disc as they are still in the lab with some "independent".

Oh well

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
If it wasn't a title I wanted so much, I would have canceled my preorder with them LONG AGO. But they have me by the friggin balls. And now I want to see if the DVD will EVER see the light of day.

- Matt

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
In all my years as a DVD fan, NEVER have I seen a fiasco such as this. Too bad, I would have loved to have this film.:frowning:

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
This is really a UCLA psychology experiment in the reaction of adults when a toy is offered, then dangled just out of reach for months and months...

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
The other half of the same UCLA psych class is running a slightly different experiment. The toy is dangled just within reach, but comes with 4 other little toys that no one wants, and costs four times more than it should. And, a newer, but inferior, version of the same toy is offered for a reasonable price, without the added toys no one wants.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Can someone have a legal representative check in on this?

I mean, when I mentioned about people having waited and being strung along for so long on this title and have threatened law suits, the CSR acknowledged she had heard something along this line (law suits).

From what I gathered, some little independent lab is supposed to be authoring the disc so that is part of the problem... lack of experience!

If you really really want this title right now, ezydvd.com.au here in Aus have it on special at the moment for AU$14.95. It's PAL, and it only has a trailer, but it's here now.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
Also from available in the UK from Blackstar.co.uk who ship worldwide for only £5.39 (Around US$7.50) so similar price and spec to Aus.

Well, from what I've read, they will refund your money if you ask for it. I believe a reason to sue them would be if they refused to refund your money and weren't shipping the product as well. Since they are offering you your money, I don't believe there are grounds for a law suit. Just my .02

Brian

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I believe the reasoning here would be "public fraud" even if they give you your money back. Your cash was in their bank account drawing them interest while you wait for an imaginary disc.

Anyway, the latest today is that they are packaged and ready to be shipped. You can call the first part of next week and obtain a tracking number (800) 804-8009 in the USA.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Boy, they've been ready to be shipped HOW MANY TIMES?

I'll believe it when there's a disc at people's doorsteps

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I feel so bad for you guys. I saw part of this movie on TV one time, and I can't say that it is on my purchase list, but I can understand your frustration.

Larry Schneider

Second Unit
I'm sure somebody will post if they successfully obtain a number. Unlike a lot of people, I'm not all that upset. There have been many frustrating problems in the past with delayed DVDs...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks