Final assembly/stuffing questions

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by GaryLB, Nov 17, 2003.

1. GaryLB

GaryLB Auditioning

I've just finished the box for my tempest (Adire alignment) and have all the sides and braces glued together. I have a few questions regarding the order of final assembly and filling the box with fiberfill.

From this point, would you recommend lining the inside of the box with quilted fiber sheets, installing the ports and legs on the bottom panel, attaching the bottom panel, filling the box with fiberfill, attaching the top panel, finishing the box, and then installing the amp and driver?The cutouts for the driver, amp and ports are all made and everything fits fine.

Should I try to fit fiber sheets around the cutouts in the bottom panel and what, if anything, should I do to prevent the fiberfill from getting into the inside ends of the ports and/or making contact with the amp and driver. Also, when attaching the ports to the bottom panel, do you just use some small wood screws or glue the ports down with some more Gorilla glue?

2. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

The order looks good. To prevent the fill from getting in the way of the port openings try stapling it to the sides. When attaching the ports use silicon or goop etc to make it air tight around the port. Then screw it in. I would recommend finishing the box first before mounting the amp and driver so that they are less likely to get damaged. Just cover the holes while finishing. Also be very sure that it is air tight (except ports of course).