What's new

Final 1803 enclosure (1 Viewer)

Jerry Parker

Stunt Coordinator
I went yesterday to a local concrete supply store and finally bought the sonotube I need to build the enclosure for my Blueprint 1803. I bought a 24" diameter tube for the enclosure, and a 10" diameter tube for the vent. The total for both was around 70 dollars (is this what everyone else pays?)

Anyways, everyone says 14cuft tuned to 18hz looks pretty good, but I am thinking more around 16cuft tuned to 18hz would be good. My reasons are this. With a 16cuft enclosure, the vent length only has to be 33inches vs 40" with a 14cuft enclosure. This will move the pipe resonance's up higher in frequency, correct? Can anyone tell me what the pipe resonances will be with my configuration? The enclosure is going to be 6ft tall, and I figure around 3cuft will be taken by displacements. The vent alone takes up over 1.5cuft of airspace!!! So the airspace before displacements will be 18.8cuft and after I figure it to be around 16cuft. I have a behringer feedback destroyer so any peaks can be fixed with it.

Is thier anything I am missing? I can't think of any downsides with using such a large enclosure, other than the space taken up by it.

Thanks!

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
The rule of thumb I'm familiar with is the length should be no more than 5x the diameter of the port. So I don't see a 40" long 10" diameter port being a problem. My 6" diameter port is 24" long and I have had no problems with resonances.

Craig Woodhall

Supporting Actor
I did a 12ft^3 tuned to about 17.5hz (with 8" port) powered buy a 800w Crest amp and love it.. You won't be disapointed, the BPD 1803 rocks..

Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks