What's new

Films that you fear may NEVER be released on DVD. (1 Viewer)

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
I'd also love to see JUST IMAGINE, the 1930 pre-Code science fiction musical comedy film starring Maureen O'Sullivan.as LN-18. It sounds

so bizarre I can't help but think that I'd be bowled over.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
"The Senator was Indiscreet" has seemingly disappeared after a VHS release. It's a terrific political satire with William Powell and a host of familiar faces along with a cameo by Powell's favorite leading lady.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Keith Cobby said:
Rogue Cop

Hell on Frisco Bay

I haven't given up on those two. I think they'll turn up one day, Rogue Cop almost certainly on a Warner Archive DVD-R.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I have a soft spot for the utterly silly slasher movie spoof Pandemonium. It's not a good movie. Heavens, no. It just ran for a long time on HBO when I was a kid and it holds a nostalgic place in my heart. It was available for a time through Amazon VOD but has become unavailable. I have an old former rental VHS that I bought at a Blockbuster back in 1995 or so. I suppose that will have to do for now as I can't see it ever getting a DVD or Blu-ray release.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
bujaki said:
[SIZE=11.6667px]JUST IMAGINE is as bizarre as you think. MoMA has a copy of it. I wonder if Fox does.[/SIZE]

It's been shown on Fox Movie Channel, though not in recent years.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
An early 1980's PBS airing of JUST IMAGINE (1930) was my first encounter with El Brendel. Way back then, I thought his Swedish accent to be genuine, but in hindsight, his name wasn't exactly evocative of Scandinavian origins!

Here's his Wikipedia Bio: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Brendel

JUST IMAGINE on DVD or Blu-ray? I'd get a copy if it were given the Criterion treatment! It's portrayal of life in 1980 (!) may be horribly dated today, but I think in 1930, JUST IMAGINE was probably considered a sort of sideways Talkie version of Fritz Lang's METROPOLIS (1927).

CHEERS! :)

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Well, I for one, will be deeply heartbroken if Deep Throat Part 69 never manages to ooze its way onto DVD or Blu-ray. After all, who could deny that such a film would especially make for a Blu-ray that would truly be a blue movie, and one that could even be promoted as a flick that really puts the blue in Blu-ray.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Raul Marquez said:
"The Man From Hong Kong" also known as "The Dragon Flies" from 1975 starring George Lazenby and Jimmy Wang Yu. A silly martial arts romp filmed in Australia.

Love the 70's pop theme song "Sky High" by Jigsaw.

Just watched my "acquired" copy of this and I totally agree. Would love to see this on Blu-ray or DVD with a commentary track by Brian Trenchard-Smith.

Also would love a copy of "The Good Humor Man" from Columbia/Sony. Jack Carson stars in this live-action cartoon written by Frank Tashlin.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've pretty well given up hope on The Tattered Dress.

Tattered Dress, The 3.jpg

Even though RAH has advised us that Universal's home video department has a new attitude and approach, it is unlikely they will concentrate on little-known films from the mid-50s.

A pity. A crime melodrama starring Jeff Chandler, Jeanne Crain, Jack Carson and Elaine Stewart probably has a potential audience.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
The Man From Hong Kong was released as a special edition DVD in Australia a few years ago with a director's commentary track. I think it's out of print now, but you might be able to track down a copy.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm a major Cyd Charisse fan but I've given up hoping Mark of The Renegade will be released on disc. Universal borrowed two stars from MGM for this movie, Cyd and Ricardo Montalban.

Mark Of The Renegade.JPG

I don't think this film has been released on disc even in Europe where dozens of half-forgotten Universal films have been given a new lease of life on DVD.

The Universal Vaults series could give us a nice surprise if they wanted, but I doubt they're interested.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Mike Boone said:
Well, I for one, will be deeply heartbroken if Deep Throat Part 69 never manages to ooze its way onto DVD or Blu-ray. After all, who could deny that such a film would especially make for a Blu-ray that would truly be a blue movie, and one that could even be promoted as a flick that really puts the blue in Blu-ray.
I'm choking already

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im guessing many of the titles from the Warner Archive Collection will not get HD releases either (too many titles to name)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
rmw650 said:
Song of the South is definitely on this list.
Hi Richard!

In my opinion, SONG OF THE SOUTH should be this Topic's poster child! :P

2016 is this long shunned Disney Classic's 70th Anniversary, but I fear this year will have the same outcome as the previous 60th Anniversary, with no DVD or Blu-ray release!

I would love to be proved wrong by Disney, but I just don't see this happening, unfortunately!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

jcb07

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
j. c. bartolomei
The Mark of the Renegade has been available for quiet a while from Sidonis Calysta and Universal. A very good copy by the way! I bought it from Amazon.fr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks