What's new

Films that should have won the oscar for cinematography (1 Viewer)

Mike Boone

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Michael
Dr Griffin said:
Or it could be *Should've*.

Anyway, I don't think Deakins has won an Oscar(c) yet, after 10 or more nominations - a glaring oversight.

I would love to hear a debate about film vs digital cinematography with Christopher Nolan stating his well known position claiming that film is superior, and Roger Deakins talking about what he sees as the greatest attributes of digital. Mr Deakins has stated that thanks to cameras like the Arri Alexa, he feels that he can now achieve results with digital that are as good as he can achieve with film. And his work on Skyfall certainly serves as some pretty good evidence for what Roger Deakins claimed he could do with digital.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
Mike Boone said:
I would love to hear a debate about film vs digital cinematography with Christopher Nolan stating his well known position claiming that film is superior, and Roger Deakins talking about what he sees as the greatest attributes of digital. Mr Deakins has stated that thanks to cameras like the Arri Alexa, he feels that he can now achieve results with digital that are as good as he can achieve with film. And his work on Skyfall certainly serves as some pretty good evidence for what Roger Deakins claimed he could do with digital.

And he aught to know. Deakins has been around for 40 years and is one of those cinematographers that has helped shape "film"making going into the digital era. I am expecting things to change even more in the future though, as the younger cinematographers who have cut their teeth in the digital realm come to the fore.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks