What's new

Films on Super 8 w/sound (1 Viewer)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
What about Super 8mm? I've been preparing to post a thread about this for a while, and thought maybe you had done it for me, but there is nothing specific to reply to. I was very big on Super 8mm in the 70's-mid 80's and owned about thirty feature films plus nearly a two hundred "digest" editions, cartoons, etc. I will open a new thread on this soon. Thanks for the reminder.

Mick B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mick
Hi Dick. What made me think of this was the thread over at software about the original King Kong. My first super 8 film was the 1933 King Kong uncut that I bought from Blackhawk for.....$450.00. But you know how expensive these films were. Anyway, right after I bought it Blackhawk pulled it from their catalog..seems it wasn't in the public domain after all. I still take it out sometimes and watch it on a real big screen. That RKO title is great.

Sorry about deleting my original post. I didn't think anyone would be interested in this.

Mick

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
KING KONG was in my collection, too - I got a pristine 100-minute (restored) print from Derann in England for about two hundred bucks. Had lots of other RKO features, too, from some other company. Wish I'd kept them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks