What's new

film & tv downloads but without a PC (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Hope this is the right section!
Long story short (and think UK solution please)

Location: Highlands of Scotland. No Sky (digital TV with dish) reception - mountain in the way, no cable (not enough houses to dig up street!) no freeview digital (year 2010 best guess)
After Googling till my eyeballs fell out, I found Tivo (but only in the States does it seem to download over the internet rather than from digital tv source??)

What can I use to download films & tv overnight or whenever, that'll look OK in living room, but not a PC or laptop? (think UK remember!) to increase my viewing selection/choice?

Thanks,

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
In the U.S. you can download Amazon.com "Unbox" TV episodes and movies to a TiVo DVR. I don't know if the same service (or something similar) is offered by Amazon.co.uk with TiVo or some other partner. (Heck, I don't even know if TiVo itself is offered outside the U.S.)

Regards,

Joe

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
What about a service like Netflix? DVDs delivered to your home? Is that available in your area?

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Not sure it's Netflix but we do have DVD by delivery type companies, but I was after more TV content, current stuff if you like, even 24 hour news stations. Like Sky but not Sky (because I can't get it) and something other than a PC in the Hi-Fi rack?

Maybe in this country I seek the impossible!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks