What's new

Film to DVD. (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
My family has a bunch of old home movies on 8mm film. As a Christmas present for my dad, I'd like to find a way to get them on DVD. Any places I can have this done? How much will it cost? What sort of options are there (menus and chapter stops and such)?

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
Unless you can burn the DVD's yourself (or get someone with a DVD burner to do it), this could get rather expensive...
Layout, premastering, glassmastering, pressing etc, it all adds up!
------------------
~ Stud. Polyt. ~ Artur Meinild ~

Jim Robbins

Stunt Coordinator
It is rather expensive to convert film to DVD. Ritz Camera offers this service for about $129 for 2hrs. If you can find a service locally to do film to tape (more common), LIFECLIPS.COM will make a DVD from that for only $29. Now that's cheap!
I am doing it myself having copied 8mm to Dazzle II MPEG2 on CD-R's(15min per CD-R is equal to 200' reel). I later plan to add the Pioneer A03 burner and just copy from CD to DVD. I use an Italian 8/super 8mm sound projector with the speed adjusted for minimum flicker. I changed the lamp from 100w to 20w and use a telecine adaptor with Hi-8 camera to feed the Dazzle II. You can choose up to 10mbs bitrate for a decent image.
Good luck, I know your dad would like it.
[Edited last by Jim Robbins on November 05, 2001 at 06:45 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks