What's new

Film Storage Computer Towers? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure if I have this correct Film Storage Computer Towers?

I recall a member over at LDDB that was storing his films onto computer hard-drives and had several hundred that he can bring up at any time at fast rate.

Can these storage computer things play back HD, Dolby/digital-TrueHD dts-dtsHDMA 5.1 and 7.1 and would it be able to do Atmos and all, as I haven't seen one up and running in ones home to understand how it functions and the cost it as well?

I seen hard-drive cinema and videos of it being demonstrated. I know the cinema uses encryption codes for protecting the property of the film.

So is this a cheap running thing to put together and I gather films would have to be uploaded onto the hard-drive in real time I guess with no short cut corners of doing it 10 mins? I As that would be grand as I have thousands of films that I don't wish to replace or sell.

I wouldn't mind trying it out to see if I like it or not?

Is it cheap and who here is thee top authority on it?

Cheers.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Andy, I moved your topic here, as a I believe you're interested in a home theater PC. Unless you're talking about a computerized system for managing actual film reels, in which case I've got no idea where that goes :)Keep in mind this is a fine line to walk at HTF. You can discuss the details of computers which can play a variety of media formats. You can't discuss how to circumvent copy protections to get material onto computers for playback. http://www.hometheaterforum.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules5. Respect for copyrights. Home Theater Forum has a strict policy of respecting the rights of copyright holders. We do not allow promotion of bootleg material or discussion on how to obtain it, and we immediately delete all links to sites that deal in bootleg material. If you have any doubt whether a source is legitimate, please check with a moderator before posting any links. We also do not allow discussion of (a) how to make unauthorized copies of video or audio materials, (b) how to defeat any form of copy protection (including, for example, how to make "personal" copies of commercially produced DVDs), and/or © how to obtain equipment that can only be used for such purposes. In one form or another, this rule goes back to the very origins of HTF. We are serious about it. Please do not try to debate copyright law with us. We're not interested in discussing what the law should be. Public discussion about copyright law is allowed as long as it doesn't violate any portion of this or any other site rule. We believe it is in the best interest of HTF to enforce this policy strictly, and members test it at their peril.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks