What's new

Film school... (1 Viewer)

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Hi, everyone.

I haven't posted a whole lot lately (in fact, I've never posted much in the After Hours lounge) because I've been in the process of moving from North Texas to Southern California. Today was my first day attending classes at the graduate film school at Chapman University in Orange, where I'm pursuing a MFA in Film Production with an emphasis in editing.

I hope to start up a blog soon, where I'll post journal entries about the life of a film student, and I thought some of the folks here might be interested in that. I'll post the address as soon as I get it up and running.

Anyway, this is a big step for me; it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time. My ultimate goal is still directing, but I'm happy to get there by editing. The program here at Chapman is actually very good in that it gives the students a broad overview of the various filmmaking disciplines before they start focusing on their chosen discipline. In fact, my first choice was directing, but like I said, I'm happy to edit if that's what is to be. (Besides plenty of editors have gone on to become successful directors.)

The faculty here is amazing; it includes director John Badham, writer/director David S. Ward, editor Paul Seydor, cinematographer Bill Dill, production designer Larry Paull, and plenty of other industry professionals.

At any rate, I'll try to write about some of the various goings-on here, and again, I'll certainly get my blog address posted when I get it going. We'll see what happens, I guess.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Chapman has a very good film program that will get better. I hope you're enjoying living around there.

~T

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck

It's an adjustment, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. The school does indeed have a very good and growing film program.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
"wargames" was one of the primary reasons i became interested in computers and technology when i was younger :emoji_thumbsup:

CJ

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
Hey, everyone, sorry it's been a while since I posted in this thread. Been a busy few months, but I have finally set up a site at Xanga here, if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks