What's new

Film School on IFC (1 Viewer)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Is anybody else watching Film School, the series on IFC about four NYU film students getting ready to make their thesis films? The first segment was actually pretty boring. The second one concentrating on three students preparations was reasonably interesting.

The students seem very inexperienced—I assume that they must be undergraduate students.

Edit: it turns out that they are grad students.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I caught the tail-end of one episode last night (possibly the second?). I'll keep my eyes open for more... it's gotta be better than that dumb-ass Ultimate Film Fanatic show.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Probably easily half of the people in production oriented grad programs have done little production work. From an admissions standpoint, the logic is that it is much easier to teach someone how to use a camera than how to write.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member

No doubt true. I was just surprised at how clueless most of them were auditioning actors and such. Still everybody does everything for the first time sometime. I did think that grad students with a passion for film would have had a bit more of an idea as to the work involved.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

I haven't watched the show, but for whatever reason, the makers may only be showing you footage of the students being incompetent (actually, I suspect that this is the case).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peteo
Recent bookmarks