What's new

Film Noir Classic Collection Vol. 3 in slim cases? (1 Viewer)

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
Just received my copy from our favorite online retailer and to my surprise the discs are in very slim cases unlike volumes 1 & 2. I certainly wish the previous 2 sets were in the same type cases. That or this set was in the same cases the first 2 were. Not a big deal but it struck me as odd that Warner would change course like that.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
Warner announced a few months ago that they were phasing in the slim line cases on their sets. I'm quite glad. The spines aren't as nice, but the space that is saved makes it well worth it.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I would think it would depend on if the films are to be released individually or not as the determining factor of slim case or not. The Clark Gable Signature set and Bette Davis Vol 2 recently released were not slim case and most of the films were also available individually. An exception to this was the Lucy/Desi set
which was slim case and 2 of the films were released separately in the slim case. Lucy/Desi ( Long, Long Trailer and Forever, Darling) are the only slim cases I am aware that were released without the box. Maybe its a test.

Rod J

Premium
Real Name
Rodney Jewett
It would be nice to have the collection in consistent packaging. Will they offer slim cases for existing owners of collections 1 & 2.
Also, does anyone know if they're going to pull this on the Astaire & Rogers second collection.

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
I like the packaging, the issue is consistency. It would be nice if they offered slim cases for the older sets. Not a big deal, it just struck me as odd.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Also would have preferred consistency, but nothing will prevent me from buying these on release day!

I was under the impressiont hat Warner would not switch up the packaging of existing release series.

I do appreciate the space-saving, and it is really needed... I'm just a bit compulsive about the display of my collection.

Oh well.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That is probably a major motivation behind this decision because Warner produces more boxsets than all of the other studios combined. Also, this works for the future because Warner has plenty of other film noirs to release in future boxset releases.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Let's all stop and remember that if Warners did everything based on consistency, all of these releases would be in snappers.

All they're doing is adapting to changing consumer and retail demands. There will always be those who won't be happy, but many fans and retailers have been asking for slimmer packages and Warners is responding.

Good for them.

Corey

Screenwriter
since only 2 out of 5 titles in the ronald reagan set will be released individually, that set will most likely have the slim cases too.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I took Warners' Film Noir Sets 1 and 2 and put them in slimline cases -- all 10 fit inside the original box for Set 1! It saves a lot of room, really. I hope all the future sets come in slimlines.

DeeF

Screenwriter
If Warner started re-releasing on their older DVDs in slimline cases, which I already own in snappers, I'd buy them all again! As it is now, I'm consigned to making my own cases for these.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
On Turner Classic Movies, they aired a commercial for the Film Noir Vol 3 boxset, and they were indeed in the slim cases.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a slim line fan. I probably wouldn't have minded if I kept the original titles in their box but I don't. On TV, like the Big Valley or Hart To Hart boxes, I don't mind the slim line case at all since they are all the same show but box sets of films are of different films even if they are connected thematically. I tossed out the box of noir sets 1 and 2 and placed the titles alphabetically in my collection. Now, I'll just have to pull the films out of their slim line cases and place them in regular keepcases and voila!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks