FileMaker and eBay...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by JohnRice, Sep 11, 2005.

1. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    I've noticed something rather strange and I was hoping someone may have some information about it. I need to get a new copy of FileMaker Pro (Mac version) and have been watching eBay. Whenever someone has a copy of the current version for sale, it suddenly disappears. This has happened several times since I started looking. One guy had four copies, and they all disappeared.

Is FileMaker (which I think is owned by Apple) somehow stopping auctions of current versions of their software? I can't imagine how they could to this. BTW, it only seems to be full copies, not the upgrades.

2. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

For one reason or another ebay has decided these are illegal copies.

3. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

It's probably due to publisher complaints. They can get stuff pulled even if it's legit.

I don't know what version you want, but right now there are 54 auctions with that product.

4. JohnRice

JohnRice Lead Actor

John
    Chris, I think that must be the case. Unfortunately, there aren't that many copies for me to choose from since I need the Mac version. 7 would be best, but I could slide by with 6.