What's new

Figures in a Landscape (1970, Joseph Losey) - who owns the US rights? (1 Viewer)

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Not a great film, but I have been checking out similar films lately - Gerry for example and I remembered this intriguing, almost-forgotten oddity. Does anyone know who owns the rights?

The brilliant Monsieur Klein is out in a few months, though. :)

Cheers.

Ken Horowitz

Agent
This film was in the catalog of Cinema Center Films, the theatrical arm of CBS back in the 1970s. CBS still owned rights to the library in the 1990s. I assume rights passed to Viacom/Paramount with its purchase of CBS.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I've always wanted to see this film, would love for it to come out on DVD.

My most wanted Losey film is The Damned (These are the Damned). Another Losey film I've never seen but I've heard so many good things about it, I'm dying to see it on DVD.

Would also like to see Losey's Secret Ceremony, The Go-Between and The Romantic Englishwoman on DVD too.

Matthew Watson

Stunt Coordinator
It looks like Home Vision Entertainment has a whole mess (well, three) of Losey's films coming - including Monsieur Klein, as Gordon pointed out. Perhaps the initial three titles are just one wave of several to come.

Also, the latest Film Comment has a big Losey article - a pretty decent overview, though I've just glanced at it so far.

I have to admit I haven't seen any of Joseph Losey's films. I'm glad I'll have a chance to see them properly presented, thanks to HVE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks