What's new

Fight Gas Prices !!!! (1 Viewer)

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Why stop with SUVs?
Does anyone really need a 5,000 SF home? Hell no. If it's a 5000 SF 3 bedroom home then the rooms are too damn big. Unless you have about 20 kids you don't need a house that big. Oh, and why the heck should someone have that many kids anyway.
Does anyone really need their own swimming pool? What a waste. I drive by houses all the time with giant swimming pools and almost never see anyone actually swimming in them, except for maybe one or two yuppies. :angry: They just want the pool to feed their ego. They should go to the public pool, or use one of those 5' diameter 8" deep pools.
Does anyone really need a 60" RPTV and 500W amps to watch a movie or listen to music? Of course not. The small pecentage of people involved in TV or movies or the music business might need this kind of equipment but the vast majority of people could get by just fine with a 27" tube and a low-end receiver.
I had no idea that the pursuit of happiness involved obtaining only that which one needs. I'm gonna be one unhappy camper the day the report comes out telling me what I need.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Brett, but at least those things you mentioned don't subject us to the whining of the owner as soon as the cost of using them goes up... and if someone with a 5000 SF home comes whining about the cost of heating and cooling, well, then maybe it would be appropriate to suggest that he investigates the possibility of moving in to smalle quarters.

/Mike

Mike Lenthol

Second Unit
I see the existence of SUVs beneficial to me in a way that...
I won't be the first, and won't have to pick up a picket sign unless things get REALLY bad ;)

kevin_tomb

Stunt Coordinator
DUDES......Its not that we're saying people shouldnt be able to buy what they want.......LISTEN!!!! Its that people are buying SUVs as a FAD. They arent really researching into them. Sure they "realize" they use more gas, but the FAD makes them say they dont care when they sign the bottom line at the car dealer ship. Its 6 months later when its not so new anymore they start complaining. When the newness wears off.....SO you have all these soccer moms that are a bit upset, but keep them anyways....What will happen when gas hits high prices...?.....They will dump them like HOT POTATOES...:) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks