What's new

Fight Club: Will it be edited?? (1 Viewer)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I've heard that future DVD/video versions of this film will have the closing scenes - where the terrorist bombs knock down all those NYC buildings - edited out.
Can anyone confirm this?
------------------
History can be cruel in its brevity of words

MatS

Screenwriter
the first rule of talking about editing Fight Club is not to talk about editing Fight Club

The movie doesn't take place in NYC, and those buildings aren't in NYC. But, you never know with the censorship people. Also, if they edit it out, then the ending would be for nothing. It would be ruined. Unless the go with the orignal, book ending.
------------------
Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world into a slumber. Wake up!! An eye is upon you, staring straight down and keenly through, seeing all that you are and everything that you can never be. Yes, an eye is upon you, an eye ready to blink.
So face forward, with arms wide open and mind reeling. Your future has arrived... Are you ready to go?
[Edited last by Andrew Cybulska on September 18, 2001 at 08:29 PM]

Peter Staddon

Stunt Coordinator
No
wink.gif

Thanks for your interest,
Peter Staddon

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
The movie took place in Delaware...they just never directly admitted to it.
------------------
"What if he honks in the car?"
"I'm giving you a no honk guaruntee."

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
Even if Peter hadn't just confirmed that the film would be left intact, think about what you're saying for a minute. You would have to cut the entire ending to really keep those buildings from being blown up--and the film wouldn't make much sense either.

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
Hey, i said i *heard* it would be edited. That's why i asked. But anyway, thanks for the info.
------------------
History can be cruel in its brevity of words

Scott H

Supporting Actor
And some of the buildings, though re-arranged, are in Century City (LA).
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.
[Edited last by Scott H on September 19, 2001 at 12:56 AM]

SteveMc

Stunt Coordinator
quote: The movie took place in Delaware...they just never directly admitted to it.[/quote]
Nor would I if it were my movie
tongue.gif

"..Or imagine being magically whisked away to Deleware...Hi, i'm in...Deleware..."
------------------
Crash
"I don't even own a gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack."
Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here
[Edited last by SteveMc on September 19, 2001 at 01:49 AM]

TheoGB

Screenwriter
That kind of reminds me of the Kentucky Fried Movie.
"Take him to...DETROIT!"
"No! Please!" etc. etc. etc.
:)
Theo

Wes Ray

Supporting Actor
Theo: LOL Classic movie moment. I love Kentucky Fried Movie.
"Should premature ejaculation occur, this Joy of Sex series comes complete with...BIG JIM SLADE!"
:D LOL

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
When the news was describing Osama Bin Laden's terrorist network as a group of independent cells, it reminded me of the scene in Fight Club when Jack spills his guts to the cops:
"This is a tightly regimented organization, with many cells capable of operating independent of central leadership."
Pretty chilling.
eek.gif

JerryW

Supporting Actor
The difference being that they were taking out the international credit/banking centers, not kill innocent people. In FC they made sure that the buildings were vacant before blowing them up.
------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
server issues - rev 2. - sorry for the bandwith
[Edited last by tyler O on September 19, 2001 at 05:35 PM]

tyler O

Stunt Coordinator
What is the original ending? I have not read the book.
Spoiler:
Basically (besides actually losing his balls on a bus as happened to many many others that tried to thwart the project/s) the narrator realizes that in his heart that he did not want the buildings to blow up. He wants all of this to stop Since he and Tyler share the same body, thusly he was able to self-sabotage Tyler in the making of the explosives. Just a little different from soap if memory serves, and the explosives have to be perfectly mixed which they were not, thusly, no boom. He gets arrested and put in a mental institution and is finally trying to come to grips and put Tyler behind himself. However, he is being constantly reminded by staff that they are impressed with what he is doing for the cause and that they will get him out soon. Unfortunately he doesn't really want out. Life goes on, with or without you. Sometimes what you set in motion is unable to be recalled and you just have to ride along, even if it's no longer really you doing the riding any more...

The book is excellent, as are all of Mr. Palahniuk's(probably misspelled) works. All worthy reads and all make you think. There's too little thinking going on these days.
------------------
Share and Enjoy - The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks