What's new

Fight Club just scared the $!@# out of me.. (1 Viewer)

John Cain

Second Unit
I was watching that Fox Demo DVD with the Fight Club airliner crash scene......

I have an SVS Ultra, BTW.

I'm telling you that crash scene almost scared the life out of me.

I thought I was gonna have a heart attack!!

WOW.. I have my new Demo scene now..

-- John

Nick P

Second Unit
I know what you mean John. That scene is a real room shaker. The funny thing is on the Fox Demo disc they have it in the best picture section...not best sound!!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
As far as I'm concerned, the entire movie has reference quality sound and should be part of every DVD collection. Fight Club is an absolute showoff piece (and a damn killer movie to boot!).

John Cain

Second Unit
Nick, yes they have it in the Best Picture Section!!

I did not know the scene and it really scared me..

I'll probably have nightmares now..

-- John

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
If that's the scene in FIGHT CLUB that gives you nightmares...you need to watch it a few more times :)
Listen to some of the commentary as time allows too,interesting stuff. Btw--on a related note, Is Pitt too cool or what...allowing himself to be kidnapped by the *jackass* MTV guys? I'd send him a SVS for free just for that...
TV

Nick P

Second Unit
Martice,
The Fox Demo DVD was given out for free at Best Buy the day after Thanksgiving. Very cool disc for a freebie.
Tom,
Quit posting in this meaningless thread and get back to work on my twin 20-39CS Plus subs!!;):D

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
The fox demo has a few great clips... I've used the fight club scene a few times to shake up the crowd.

I've actually used the Titan AE clip to calibrate my CS-U. This one bottomed out my sub the first time I played it. The max volume I can stand on my Denon 3802 is -10, so I adjusted the sub level until the sub didn't bottom out on the Titan AE clip at that volume...which ended up being -8. This puts my sub 6-8db over the 75db level of my other speakers.

One of the THX can also be a sub killer...

The kids love the THX clip that has the robot Mr. Fix It.

Jon D

Stunt Coordinator
6-8 Db over your mains?!?!?!?! I have my sub at the same level as my mains (or maybe 1-2 Db over. The bass tone is so damn inconsistent) and it quakes my room like nobody's buisness. How do you deal with that?
P.S. Fight club rules. Always amusing to watch first timers to my system jump when the planes collide.:D

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
The preorders are built,just waiting on the drivers now...which won't ship until later today. SVS is paying for 2 day shipping to Ohio though($$$) so we should be able to ship all preorders by tuesday. I might even be able to watch a DVD over the weekend:)
The drivers are MUCH better then the proto types too. I must have spent 20 hours on the phone with Thilo(owner of TC Sounds) in the past few weeks. This is sort of a revolutionary design for him in some ways...so everyday he thought of something else to tweak on them. By the time all the components showed up to build...he obviously hit on a killer combination...because the leap(measured driver specs)are showing everything leaning more towards my *wish list*...with the actual motor stength 65% higher.
65% !
I don't know how much this is going to improve the already potent numbers I measured for the CS+ models...but I think it's amazing what Thilo can do if a company gives him a *free reign/cost no factor* slate.
TV

Troy_K

Stunt Coordinator
Tom,

This is Brad Pitt. I've been hidding under the user name of Troy_K to avoid obvious problems. I've been monitoring your posts closely, and will gladly accept my free SVS.

Please send me two SVS Ultras - I'll even accept a Samson S1000 to my Chicago address. You can email me for the discretionary mailing address off-line.

Thanks,

Brad.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Troy (I mean Brad),

You are already pushing the discount envelope, so don't bank on any more like the current one. You never know when/where parts shortages might hit various orders either.

;^|

Ron

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Jon:

The response depends on a lot of factors:

1. I have a huge room...over 5500 cf when considering the family room & adjoining kitchen / hallways, etc.

2. I've eq'd the sub to get a great response curve.

3. I don't have the sub corner loaded...(trade off w/ my wife for room aesthetics!)

4. While I set up the sub to avoid bottoming at maximum listening volume w/ the toughest bass material, I typically listen a volumes much lower than that. The test material at -10db is meant to impress! Typically I'd be watching a movie at -20 to -25db.

5. The CS-U is so much smoother / cleaner than my former HSU VTF 2, if I don't bump the output I'll forget it's there!

Doug BW

Stunt Coordinator
Tom -
According to my calculations, if you delay the shipment of the CS+ for another week (along with a commensurate 65% performance improvement per day), by the end of the week you will need to rename the product from "CS+" to "SS+".
You have my permission -- and immense encouragement -- to do so.
:emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
>>>Tom -
According to my calculations, if you delay the shipment of the CS+ for another week (along with a commensurate 65% performance improvement per day), by the end of the week you will need to rename the product from "CS+" to "SS+".
You have my permission -- and immense encouragement -- to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks