Fight breaks out at Lewis - Tyson Press Conference. What pure garbage!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlos_E, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Carlos_E

Carlos_E Stunt Coordinator

I just found out there was a brawl at the press conference. Is this boxing or wrestling?

Mike Tyson does not deserve to be in this championship fight. Come on Mike. It is time to hang it up!!!

I hope nobody supports this travesty by paying for the pay per view. This fight is total BULL%$@#!

It just angers me that this joker Tyson thinks he is still a boxer.

Nuff said

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

A fight at a boxing press conference? Gee whiz, that never happens. Of course, it was spontaneous. [​IMG]

3. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

As a huge boxing fan, and a former amatuer pugilist I found that press conferance to be a disgrace. Tyson is insane. What the hell was he thinking? More than likely the fight is going to be canceled. He is going to be out 50,000,000 dollars, I guess acting the fool is more important than providing fo his childrens future. (you know we will se stories of him being broke in 5 years). He has done more to take away the credibility of the sport than Don King or any other fighter promoter in the history of the sport.

4. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Boxing is my favorite sport.Sorry I missed it.

I did catch the DeLaHoya/Vargas conference and that one was really ugly.Vargas pushed Oscar, lots of insults to go around.

Vargas doesnt stand a chance.

5. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

What I heard today was that he may not gain his boxing license in time to fight. I also heard that Las Vegas officials found credible evidence supporting a woman's claim that she was recently raped by Tyson in Las Vegas. Can boxing get any lower?

6. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Did he go up to Lewis and say in a high voice "I must break you?" [​IMG]

7. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Why isn't Tyson charged with assault? This was not at a sporting event this was at a public meeting in a public place. Put this goon back in jail where he belongs.

8. brian a

brian a Second Unit

I read that they are reviewing the event to decide if charges should be filed against anyone.

Not that this was a good thing, but this happens all the time. It's nothing that only Tyson could do. I think even Lewis and Rachman scuffled at one of their press conferences.

It's all part of the show that is boxing now, and seems to happen more often than not now at press events like this.

brianca

9. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    It wouldn't suprise me if this was yet another Don King production to hype the fight. Lewis and Rachman must have gotten millions of dollars worth of free advertisment for their scuffle. Even if the Las Vegas boxing commission denies Tyson a chance to fight I wonder if they are obligated to keep the fight in Nevada. With the kind of dollars being thrown aroung for this fight I don't see anything stopping it. If sanity were a requirement to enter the ring then Tyson would have been banned long ago.

10. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Who knows who controlled what, but considering that I heard Lee Stienberg on Rome the other day talking about his new "client" Lewis being the good guy and Tyson being the bad guy, thus portraying the match as "good versus evil" it seems clear that SOMEONE is running with that idea, if not everyone involved.

This fight WILL happen, it's all about money, as always.

However, I'll skip the PPV myself. Who cares anymore.

11. Tiffany A

Tiffany A Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Carl...it was most likely hype and PLANNED.

However, Ali, Frazier, Holyfield, and Foreman were such "gentlemen" of the sport....compared to this hood (who is a bad representative of any sport)! I say "kick the bum out"...if he is flat broke in 5 years...tuff s&%$!

12. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I'm a big boxing fan also. I have been tired of the sports media mentioning Tyson's name as a contender everytime we have a new heavyweight champion. He's been "washed up" every since he went to prison. Lewis next match should have been against Wladimir Klitschko. Tyson needs help. [​IMG]
    Jon

13. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I finally saw it. Pathetic. No excuse no matter how much they dislike each other-Tyson should have saved it for the ring.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Didn't Tyson try to bite Lewis's ear as well?

15. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

The Lewis camp claims that Tyson bit Lewis in the leg.

16. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

Vargas doesnt stand a chance.
    I'll take that bet[​IMG]
    As for Tyson, what a moron. The middleweight division i the best by far!
    Brent

17. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

With Tyson's Nevada boxing license up for review January 29th maybe he put on this show to purposely have it (his license application) denied. He probably realizes he can't beat Lewis and this is his way out. I also believe this to be the reason why he bit Evander Holyfield's ear, he knew he was losing the fight and in frustration did something to disqualify himself rather than take his beating like a man.

18. John Besse

John Besse Supporting Actor

John
    This thread reminds me of Mike Tyson's Punch Out for the NES. What a good game [​IMG]

19. Scott L

Scott L Producer

20. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

Heh - that was almost definitely staged. Did you see Tyson
    throw the punch and miss by a mile to a guy standing
    right in front of him? He was not even moving! [​IMG]
    If it wasn't staged then Tyson does not know how to
    fight anymore.