What's new

Fifth Element (1 Viewer)

Martin S

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone got the French Superbit PAL dvd of THE FIFTH ELEMENT?
Worth an upgrade from the existing UK regular release?

RogierB

Auditioning
I got the german Deluxe edition. It has an DTS 6.1 ES soundtrack, improved picture and english subs. Plus it has an extra disc with aditional extra's. It beats all the Superbit versions which are out there.

CharlieC

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure???

From electronicreality.co.uk
Regarding video: Well if the R2 version looked good then you should see the Superbit version....
Regarding audio: As with the picture the sound was already superb but this R1 Superbit just blows it away.

The above opinions concurs with what I heard, which is that R1 Superbit has better audio

Christian Behrens

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Christian Behrens
There are various releases in R2 Europe. The original R2 release in Germany (and some others) was, well, pathetic (quality-wise).

-Christian

Chris_Marin

Stunt Coordinator
All Non-Superbit Region 2 releases of Fifth Element suffer from a below average transfer. Whilst not immediately noticeable, the level of detail is quite a bit worse than the standard R1 release and especially the excellent Superbit releases.

Also the DTS 5.1 sound on the Superbit releases sound superior, in LFE, detail and directional terms to the DTS6.1 on the German Edition (and in the correct pitch).

I have had the UKR2, German R2 SE and the R1 Superbit. In the end I sold both of the R2's. They had very bad halo-ing and the level of detail on the intro desert scenes was appaling. Too bright leading too severe detail loss.

Also the extras on the German SE aren't amazing and will only be watched once. The only extra of any note is the Cannes interview footage, it is quite entertaining, but not enough to sacrifice loss of detail in the main feature.

This all might sound a tad anal, but this is one of my favourite and most watched movies. I just want the best package available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks