What's new

FIFA '02 World cup gameplay question (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just rented this game and I'm wondering a couple things. Most of it I was able to figure out and stuff but the following seems to be odd:

Penalty kicks, do you have to do anything to control your goalie when defending or is it automatic? It appears there is a red arrow about it and you can get the goalie to lean a little bit but nothing else??

How does one shoot penalty kicks too? How does one control where to place it and maybe somebody can explain the "power bar" thing a bit. What buttons do what? It seems I can hold down the red "B" button (Xbox version) until the bar goes all the way to the red but then the ball always seems to just fly way over the net. Completely comfused here!

I am also finding making crossing passes quite hard.. The guy just seems to pass the ball pass the goal line for a goal kick instead of making a crossing pass.... And I'm still confused on corner kicks for the same reason I'm confused on penalty kicks.

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody????

The outside of my Blockbuster rental thing came with horrid instructions, I've tried to use all the buttons while the ball is airball but my guy all he seems to do is try to chest/control the ball. Sometimes I want to head it out or in (say in a corner kick).

BTW, in real soccer, if you score a goal in the penalty area and somebody fouls you from behind, are you awarded that goal? I.e. can one decline the foul????? I've scored a couple times just as somebody fouls me (slide from behind) and twice I had to shoot a penalty kick (which I have no idea how to control, the player kicks to the same place ALL the time, except I've haven't missed yet) even though I've scored... I wonder what the rules are in real life soccer...

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks