What's new

Pre-Order Field of Dreams (1989) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Picked mine up today at BB even though the email they sent me yesterday said thank you for picking up your order.

Somehow even though they check id they still managed to give mine to a different person yesterday.
When I picked up an order one time I had to remind the person there were two discs in the order and she started to ask me the name of the title (it was a Dolly Parton-Burt Reynolds film I shan't name --but it really burned my a** it wasn't with the other disc;)).She finally looked up the order and found the film I already had my ID out but also had a print out of the order.... She gave me the first disc without checking my ID and then when she gave me the 2nd disc she said "Yeah I suppose I should check your ID" ...::rolleyes:

I had another experience where the email said the shipment would be delayed because it wasn't "in stock".I had to go to the store to pick up the the other disc I paid for and found the "Out of Stock" item and then took it to the yellow shirt to pick up the item I had to get and explained the situation.

I said if I had to cancel the original order, I would but I had pre-paid for it. He also saw the other stack of disc I was buying and was able to cancel the original sale and give me the $1 credit for picking it up at the store

Anyhow, if you just want the 4K UHD of the film with no steelbook Wal*Mart has it for $18.99 which I believe Amazon is currently matching

Last edited:

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
Best Buy will have a steelbook. Currently same price as the regular release.
6333758_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

It's $3 more than the regular release.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
These companies found gold in releasing these Steelbook editions as they have people spending more money on such releases. Not me, I think it's a waste of money from my perspective. To each his own.

I used to love steelbooks until they started charging more for them. Now I simply don't care. Usually it's $5 more for the steelbook than the regular edition, and everything you're going to actually watch is exactly the same. I'm not paying it anymore. In fact, I stopped a few years ago.

AcesHighStudios

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike Williams
The substitution of HE for THEY was deliberate.:)

I definitely got it. The quotes just wouldn't go there.

It's also one of the most misquoted movie lines there is, like people saying "We're going to need a bigger boat."

Mark VH

Second Unit
Has anyone purchased the standard Blu-ray release of this? My understanding is that the latest release is being re-issued in 1080p as well, so curious as to whether that version offers significant improvements over the 2009 disc (I've never bought the film in Blu).

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
These companies found gold in releasing these Steelbook editions as they have people spending more money on such releases. Not me, I think it's a waste of money from my perspective. To each his own.
I was in BB and they had what looked like a steelbook of an X BOX ONE game for $6.00 - It was just the steelbook for the game ..
"You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I watched this over the weekend. Very nice release by Universal - keep the catalog titles coming!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks