Fidek FPA-400 400 watt rack mount amps on sale for $179.10

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Sherman, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

I just picked up one of these amps from MCM electronics. They are currently on sale for $199.00 and if you use the online coupon code OC24 you'll receive an additional 10% off. You can read more about these amps by searching through the SVS News section and find a review by Mike Knapp under the SVS Reviews section. I believe SVS was selling these at $319.00. These are budget amps no question and some find the fans noisey. I have been playing around with the amp today and don't find the fan bothersome. There is a fix to quiet the fan over at HTT. I think for under two bills delivered they are well worth it. Particularly if your'e on a tight budget and just looking for something decent to drive one or two subs with.

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Is it bridgeable?

3. Chris Sherman

200 watts per side into 4 ohms or bridgeable to 400 watts into 8 ohms. I'm happy with mine but some people are put off by the fan . I have mine in a rack about 10 ft. away and am not bothered by it. I may trade up later but this will do for now. I almost bought the QSC 850 for $299. but that was $120 more.

4. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

Cool, I'll pick one of these up to power my two new subs. Thanks for the heads-up!

5. Chris Sherman

I just performed the fan noise fix on my Fidek Amp today. For anyone interested it can be found by searching keywords: Fidek Fix over at Home Theater Talk Forum. It involves the simple installation of a $1.20 zener diode inline on the positive fan lead. I performed the fix in less than 30 minutes and I just had eye surgery in my one good eye less than two weeks ago. So if I can do it anyone can! The fan is completely inaudible now. Thanks to Mike Knapp and Mike VansEvers for the know how.

Chris

6. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

Chris, do you have a link to this MCM electronics where you bought this Fidek amp? I've searched every where for MCM and Fidek and found nothing. TIA

7. Chris Sherman

I believe the link is www.mcmelectronics.com and search for item #555-3670. I think the coupon ends 2/28.