FFX-2 Import review

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DaveGTP, May 12, 2003.

1. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I didn't think I had seen this posted...here's a FFX-2 review from www.rpgfan.com. 74% overall. Sounds about like what I figured, storyline suffers due to the quest-based gameplay, and it sounds like it is very easy (my worst fear after how easy FFX was).
    Here's the link:

http://www.rpgfan.com/reviews/finalf...10-2/ffx2.html

Edit : In a related note, FF Crystal Chronicles needs a GBA for EACH player if you want to play multiplayer. You can play one-player with a GC controller though. So much for my dreams of a new successor to Secret of Mana. What a boneheaded move. Jeesh!

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm getting it anyway. No review will change my mind about that.

3. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

from that review, it sounds like the next dmc2. well then one less game i have to worry about buying(if more reviews like this come out)

4. Yoshi Sugawara

Yoshi Sugawara Stunt Coordinator

I've given up playing this after about 3 hours of gameplay.

The thing that bothers me the most is this illusion of freedom you have - there really isn't any. Sure, you can go to any location you want, but it's the locations themselves that are really restrictive. You see this wide span of scenery, yet you're only allowed to walk in this small, designated patch of land. It almost feels like Resident Evil 3, where you are confined to small areas of an otherwise large patch of land. And on top of that, sometimes you can't enter a "room" because you haven't fulfilled the game's prerequisites first (like talking to someone, etc.)

It seems like the non-linearity of the story really brings out how restricted you were in the world of FFX.

The story also isn't very compelling, partly because the characters just go so much more annoying, for me at least.

I'd wait for a "real" Final Fantasy.

5. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer