Few questions to DA5ES owners

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ted Ross, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Ok I just got the receiver & I have a few questions. 1. Someone please explain how the eq works on this unit & whats the difference between the eq & the bass/treble gain/freq in the soundfield settings?. 2. Can I adjust the output level for the left & right surrounds individually? or are the 2 linked together?. 3. When I hook my cable box via svideo to the svideo input on the TV/SAT on the sony & then on through to my tv(hitachi 43uwx10b)svideo I get a bad "herringbone" type interference(on all channels-even the digital ones)-I didnt get doing the same route with my Yamaha or Onkyo receivers. This problem I would really like to take care of-I bought this receiver for the Prologic 2 decoding so I could watch TV in all its glory.
    Thanks

2. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Well I tried the svideo in the video 1 jack rather than the Tv/Sat jack & the interference went away. Is it possible the TV/Sat jack is damaged?

3. Dan Joy

Dan Joy Supporting Actor

Ted, do a search. I remember a long time ago someone having similar problems withthis. My DA5ES runs satellite into tv/sat great via s-video, Good Luck.

4. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Ok, thanks Dan Ill look

5. Juan_R

Juan_R Supporting Actor

6. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Ok,thats what I thought Juan-thanks

7. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Anybody here have a Sony Cd Megachanger hooked up to their DA5ES?. I have the 400 disc model & the instructions in the DA5es manual say to set the remote to cd2 or cd3 for sony megachangers-When I do that I cant operate the megachanger with the receiver remote-I can only operate it if its set to cd1, but cd2/cd3 are whats needed to download the cd memos-Im confused again?.

8. Warren_Sc

Warren_Sc Second Unit

Maybe you need to hook up that Sony-link wire between the two? I am curious how it looks.

9. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

Ive already done that

10. Ted Ross

Ted Ross Second Unit

I figured it out. I had to set my cd-changer to command mode 2 or 3 as well as the remote. Now all my cd text info is stored on the remote-Im really starting to like the DA5ES & its remote!

11. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Ted, How did you get your player set to 2 or 3? I have had the same set up for five months & I just gave up as I could not figure it out. I have had a previous Sony system that I had no problems loading titles on the remote but this one will just not do it.

Thanks for any help

As for your question about the eq you can adjust the frequency & level of the treble,mid,& bass for each speaker. When you set for example your treble at 1.6khz you than set its level to + or -10db. The eq is just one of those things you'll have to mess around with for what your taste is. My suggustion would be to do this in 2ch to make it easier to hear the changes,& than set the rest of your speakers up after.