What's new

Feud Bette and Joan (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
There was a rumor of a DVD release that never got released. I ended up buying the HD digital from iTunes when it was on sale for $4.99

mrz7

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Zuncic
From my understanding, the real reason why "Feud" has not made it to DVD (or Blu-Ray) is because there was a lawsuit between the show's creator (Ryan Murphy) and the movie star Olivia de Havilland. She had felt her portrayal in the series (played by Catherine Zeta-Jones) was not accurate and did not give permission to Ryan Murphy for her likeness on the show. The Lawsuit had been going on for awhile and Ms. De Havilland lost the court case. She then filed an appeal to the case, and the court denied the rehearing of the case. The final verdict on the denial happened last year round this time. Here is an article on the story:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...iew-olivia-de-havillands-feud-lawsuit-1174078

Will we see something in the future with this series? I hope so.....it was a great series. I am even hoping it will eventually make it to Blu-Ray.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
I, too, have been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks for the background info. Hopefully it gets released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks