What's new

Ferstler on Equalizers & The Importance of Frequency Response (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The "gradual rolloff" is not a given, at least not in commercial implementations (see TV's post), but it's a nice thing in theory as it can mate well with a room's gain (also theoretical). So, theoretically, it's perfect.

Mark Seaton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark Seaton
With modern DSP and the common limiting employed in most consumer subwoofers, not only is the roll-off not a given, but the shape of the frequency response as you crank up the level. In many cases, we hear this effect as much or more so than what we consider design characteristics of say a vented or sealed system.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

"Frank,

That title is available in MC SACD, I think. I'll pick it up on the next disc buying spree...thanks."

I think you'll enjoy it.

The French organist may have departed from what is considered to be the norm, but his artistry is still top notch in my book.
The organ and acoustic venue are something that has to be aurally savored to be believed. Only being there in person would surpass the superb sound quality this recording effort managed to capture imho...

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic..."

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
::sighs::

I wasn't referring specifically to subs--I was referring to speakers in general that employ a sealed enclosure for their woofer.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
Ok. Figured we might be discussing the speakers you just posted...with those integral sealed subs.

:sighs:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks