What's new

Ferris Bueller 2? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
[VIDEO] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHmEo0Bx7Q&feature=g-logo&context=G28d26efFOAAAAAAAEAA[/VIDEO] I just saw this on Youtube, and did a little detective work. Turns out this may be happening.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think it's just a teaser for a Super Bowl ad, but I could be wrong. I don't think a movie should be done now that Hughes is gone.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Plus, it'd be kind of depressing. The "American Pie" movies have done a good job progressing the characters in each movie, but a lot of sequels to teenage comedies seem to have grown ass people behaving like teenagers, more or less the same people they were in high school.

foxydude71

Auditioning
Real Name
Geoff
Absolutely! I think the production of a newer version of the 80's classic if done right and was just as funny and terrific as the first one, then yeah Bring it on! Please! My imagination is going wild with all of the possibilities of the events that could take place in the new 2012 flick. lol

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Zack Gibbs said:
It's just a Honda commercial.
It figures. The more I think about it the more I wouldn't want a sequel anyway. FBDO is a classic, and should be left alone.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Here is the full commercial. It's good - had a smile on my face the whole way through. If you don't own the Blu-ray of the original, take this moment to purchase immediately!

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Looks pretty good throughout most of it. Must have had loads of makeup. Photos of him our of makeup are pretty frightening, he's defiintly not aging gracefully.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Stan said:
Looks pretty good throughout most of it. Must have had loads of makeup. Photos of him our of makeup are pretty frightening, he's defiintly not aging gracefully.
Looks like digital makeup from the bottom of his eyes to, well, his chin. Even a person in their 20s has bags and lines, but there's nothing but porcelin-like smoothness there. That's ok. The point was to evoke the past.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
....I was surprised to see even one positive vote on a sequel before the fact of it being a commercial was brought up. Without John Hughes what would be the point? Hell, even if Hughes were still alive I would still be dubious...going "back home" (in films or in life) quite often isn't possible or is just a very Bad idea. IMO it would have been horrible and sad, Hughes would never have done it, I'm sure of that.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Interesting idea. I'm assuming it will be a period piece. While they're obviously going to have to recast the two valets, it's be cool if they Forrest Gump-ed them into the original footage for the bookending scenes where they get the car and return the car, so that the new actors are interacting with the late 1985 versions of Matthew Broderick, Mia Sara, and Alan Ruck. And then spend the rest of movie showcasing what was going on elsewhere in the greater Chicago area that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks