1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Feroudja chip in display?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by george_, Mar 21, 2005.

1. george_

george_ Auditioning

My LCD display has a Feroudja chip on-board. Does this do the same thin as Progressive Scan on my DVD player?

Thx in advance

2. John S

John S Producer

yes it does. Some of these fixed pixel displays excel with a 480i component DVD player in fact, from some experiementation on quite a few different displays.

3. george_

george_ Auditioning

Thanks John,

That would explain why the picture looks BETTER with Progressive Scan turned OFF on the player. It can't be a good thing to process the signal twice.

Terry

4. John S

John S Producer

Well it's not supposed to process it twice. But the fixed pixel displays just seem to excel with their own built in de-intleracing and scaler.

nuff to drive one nuts though. One guy, went to all this trouble to buy a higher end DVD player and was really disapointed on his DLP that aslo offered Faroudja chip, I went over and hooked up his old seemingly crud 480i only play via component video and badda bing badda boom, instant incradible artifact, ultra clear, wonderfull colors picture quality. He was dumbfounded and a little mad at the sales people. I tried to explain, that experiementation is the key with all setups these days to see what is best.