What's new

Pre-Order Femme Fatale (2002) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
74257_front.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
FI-NAL-LY! Thanks, Shout!, for saving yet another neglected title (and ALLIGATOR, too)!

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
And I really like it. Different strokes, as they say. I put off seeing it in a theater because of all the negative reviews and word of mouth. And then, years later, I found a DVD for a buck in a thrift store. So out of curiosity, I started watching it with my girlfriend Bonny. We both loved it so much, we watched it over again. I think it's one of DePalma's best films. Very personal and entertaining and beautifully made. Great characters and lots of fun. Also the twists, though typical of DePalma, were very clever. Unlike "Dressed to Kill", which is great fun but not really about anything, "Femme Fatale" has all kind of resonances and depths to it. It's about growing older and having different perspectives on things. It's a very emotional film, from my perspective. Also, surprising for DePalma, kind of sweet, beatific, even. And because of the way it's structured, "plausibility"doesn't really matter. It's a fairy tale, one done with extraodinary verve and virtuosity. I think time will be very kind to this film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow, I didn't expect people to love this movie. I guess each movie has its supporters and detractors.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Perhaps, I need to revisit it as it's been about 20 years since I last watched it.:)
Are you a fan of Brian De Palma in general? With the rare exception (Casualties Of War, Blow Out), he tends to be style over substance but his style is strong enough to override the ludicrousness of so many of his films. I like his style. Femme Fatale is all about style.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you a fan of Brian De Palma in general? With the rare exception (Casualties Of War, Blow Out), he tends to be style over substance but his style is strong enough to override the ludicrousness of so many of his films. I like his style. Femme Fatale is all about style.
I like quite a few of his movies, mainly those he made in the 1980s.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I remember only the first scene with the Bolero-like Sakamoto music, and nothing else from this film.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I've never seen this film but comments in this thread have made me determined to watch it at least once!

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I enjoyed it, I am a big fan of De Palma, but don't rank it as one of his best films. It is solid and entertaining and I will pick-up this Blu-ray but I don't think it is essential De Palma. Probably one for fans of his work only.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I saw this film once many years ago - - I think I owned the DVD at one time. Can't remember anything about it, so the movie must not have made much of an impression. I may have to give it another try, as I do like quite a few of de Palma's films. Maybe via streaming, since this is sort of a blind buy.

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
Damn, now I definitely have to revisit this movie.
Visually, I mean. You know how classic De Palma films all have that scene in them? Well, this entire film is that scene! There is a ridiculous sex scene near the conclusion of the film that, for me, stops it dead in its tracks. Fortunately, it recovers, once the stupid thing is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks