What's new

Female Singer with the Most Beautiful Voice? (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Glad to see two of my favorites listed several times:
Karen Carpenter "Solitaire" is absolutely haunting!
Eva Cassidy pretty much ANYTHING!

But sadly, two absolutely angelic voices are missing: Agnetha Faltskog and Anni-frid Lyngstad of ABBA. Perhaps it's the "bubble gum" pop reputation that many had of them, especially their early hits, but check out these tracks to hear how amazing they are:

Agnetha (the blond): "Winner Takes It All," "Slipping Through My Fingers" and "Love Me With All Your Heart" from her amazing cover album "My Coloring Book"

Anni-frid: the live version of "I Wonder" shows that ABBA was NOT just a perfectly crafted studio group, "I Let The Music Speak" and "The Way You Do" one of the best tracks (penned by Bryan Ferry) from her solo album "Something Going On"

Dan_V

Agent
Margo Timmins (Cowboy Junkies) and Hope Sandoval (Mazzy Star) are two that I can always listen to.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Bill Cowmeadow said:
Emma Shapplin - Recently discovered her, DVD-A WOW :emoji_thumbsup:
Sarah Brightman - Classical stuff :emoji_thumbsup:

Karen Carpenter. The most played selections in my 200 changer. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Also from a few years back;
Karla Bonoff - great lyrics too
Can't believe more posts haven't mentioned Sarah Brightman. She was married for a time to Andrew Lloyd Webber and starred in PHANTOM OF THE OPERA on Broadway (Webber refused to open the show without her), but she has a multi-octave voice and has sung in virtually every musical genre, a versatility reflected on her dozen + albums. God, what a voice! Sometimes forceful, sometimes angelic, always pitch-perfect and beautiful. I am not a religious person, but if I was, I was say that Sarah was God's mouthpiece.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I'm not really familiar with Sarah Brightman's work, but "Deliver Me" from her EDEN Cd is outstanding!

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Out today (05/14/13)...still looking and sounding like an angel, at 63!

agneth-a_03.jpg

PatW

Screenwriter
Real Name
Patricia
Beautiful soprano by the name of Fiona Jessica Wilson. You can catch her on Youtube singing In Paradisum if you are curious. I was so captivated I searched out the album to buy.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Todd Erwin said:
Susanna Hoffs, hands down!
Todd,The most beautiful voice, not the prettiest face. ;)Seriously, I do like her voice. And I especially love their rendering of Watching The Sky -- a gem that I never tire of hearing.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Karen Carpenter "Solitaire" is absolutely haunting!

She had one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard, absolute perfection in every way. Her tone, inflection, the emotion she sang with.

The Carpenters did do some cheezy pop stuff, but when she sang the ballads and love songs, they were great.

It was also nice to hear a voice that wasn't a soprano as most well-known female singers are now. She had a pretty good range, but her best vocals were in the lower notes.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
jolintsai said:
Britney Spears
Your other choices I agree with, but Britney Spears?

She's the queen of auto-tune and lip-synching.

Christina Aguilera on the other hand has a real voice, she's fantastic.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Have any of you heard Hayley Westerna's "Prayer"? It simply melts me. One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard and sung to perfection.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm not really familiar with Sarah Brightman's work, but "Deliver Me" from her EDEN Cd is outstanding!
yes, Sarah would be in my top ten, if for no other songs than "Only An Ocean Away" and "Here With Me."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks