What's new

Female college place kicker field goal (1 Viewer)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Someone mentioned this in another thread that's now closed, but can anyone tell us about the field goal in Division 1A kicked recently by a female player? When was it & what school? Thanks.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
So there are two of them? I like the way one definitely states Hnida was the first to do it, then the other says they don't know because the NCAA doesn't keep track. I find it hard to believe that something like that wouldn't be noted.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I’ll bet what they mean, is that the NCAA does not keep track of and note the sex of players in their official stats.

So if Pat Smith (for example) kicked a field goal in a game between Slippery Rock and Indiana State back in 1955, the NCAA records would only show that to be the case.

How do we now check through those records, Pat’s sex?

True, newspaper archives might let us know the answer, but otherwise—is Pat a guy or not? ;)

Denward

Supporting Actor
If you read ThomasC's post carefully, you'll see that it says Hnida was the first to score in Div 1A while the others were Div 2 and 1AA.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks