Fellowship of the Rings Special Extended DVD Edition wins big time at DVD Awards

Discussion in 'DVD' started by oscar_merkx, Aug 21, 2003.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1061483620

Best Authoring:
    The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of The Ring - Special
    Extended DVD Edition (submitted by: New Line Home Entertainment)

Best Video Presentation:

Best Special Edition:

Best in Show:

2. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

[​IMG] Wholeheartedly seconded. Thanks for the info, Oscar. November and its release of the Extended Edition of The Two Towers can't roll around fast enough, with The Return of the King in theatres the following month.

3. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

the wait for the special edition of TTT is too long so I just might buy the TV

[​IMG]

4. Bill Burns

If you buy both, you're New Line Cinema's best friend! [​IMG] I managed to wait the first time around, so I'll be passing on the theatrical version for The Two Towers as well, but the wait is no walk on the beach (more like a trek through Middle Earth). One wonders, given the reported length of The Return of the King theatrically, just how much Jackson might add to that in 2004, and also whether the lack of any further Lord of the Rings films might prompt New Line to bring its EE to disc a bit sooner (one assumes there will be one, if for no better reason than consistency), or whether November of 2004 will again prove the magic month for wizards and elves across the land, and the point at which the trilogy finally finds completion on DVD (I'm very eager to sit down to a marathon of all three films in their EE cuts).

*squaring my shoulders and settling in 'till November of this year*

5. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I thought it was a bit of a joke that Attack of the Clones got snubbed, without a nomination.

While it may not qualify for the majority of the catagory, nominations Best Authoring and Best Video Presentation should have been a given.

6. Bill Burns

I just ran across this bit of very exciting news for Lord of the Rings fans everywhere:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-m.../22/09.00.film

And here I was already excited about the movie slate in December. Release rumors have been put forth by many venues as fact in the past, but this sounds as if it's set in stone (as reported by Variety), and if so ... well, December 16th is going to mark one heck of a celebration in Hobbiton and throughout the Shire (if only they had a cineplex). [​IMG] The copy of The Return of the King will of course be the release cut, so if Jackson adds anything to it for an EE in 2004, we'll still have to wait until then for the fullest cut of the trilogy, but this marathon should prove a wonderful way for those with sufficient free time to experience the conclusion of the trilogy theatrically. Others may still catch all three within a few weeks of one another, the first two in EE, and that alone is worthy of copious good cheer. [​IMG]

7. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

thanks for the info Bill and I hope that happens over here in the UK as well

[​IMG]