What's new

Fellowship of the Ring DVD concerns... (1 Viewer)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Drop Infinfilm, drop dts. I say go with the movie only on disk 1 with a single 5.1 soundtrack and subtitles (please). A commentary would be nice but if space is a real issue then either drop it, or make it a text commentary. Put all the extras on disk 2 but do not break up this movie on 2 disks. While it works for certain films, I don't think it is a good idea on this film.

While this may not be a good comparison, how many people just play the first disk of Pearl Harbor and hardly ever bother with disk 2?

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
While principal photography on the second two films has been completed, the editing and special effects have not, and Jackson is still doing some reshoots. He is going to be involved in post-production on these for the next two years, so I doubt he'll have much time to work on a director's cut, which could well involve extra special effects.

I think he should release the theatrical version of "Fellowship" on one disc, with extras on a second disc, then in 2004 or 2005, re-edit the entire trilogy into one long film, reinstating deleted material in at that time. But I think the individual films, in their initial DVD release, should be the theatrical versions. Although I'm all in favor of director's cuts, I think it's important to preserve the original theatrical cut as well.

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
All I say, please please please no Infinifilm. I would like to see English subtitles.

Ron Birk

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
While I think the LOTR films would be well suited to Infinifilm (see a section, and then bring up the related passage of the book, etc.), I'd rather they fit the film unto one disc and push the extras to a second disc. Also, if they're going to do a DTS track, make it a seperate release a la Jurassic Park and the Lost World. Also, make subtitles Spanish in U.S. and French in Canada like TPM to conserve space.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Hopefully, Peter Jackson will edit in some more footage of Cate Blanchette as the Elf Queen...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
I think Infinifilm is neat on the 13 Days DVD, but I don't like the way the docs play on that DVD. Everything is broken down into short snippets so it will work w/ the Infinifilm feature. As a result, when you watch the docs by themselves they seem very choppy w/ no flow to them at all.
I would not want this to happen to the docs on LOTR! Put the feature on one disc and put the extras on a second disc.
Peace,
DM

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
As Brian W. said, I agree that Peter Jackson may be more preoccupied with the theatrical release of the next two films than on the DVD of the first, so I'm not expecting a director's cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks