Felicity S4 Questions

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Guido, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Guido

Guido Stunt Coordinator

I have two questions I am hoping someone can shed some light on now that I have finished the Felicity S4 DVD set (amazing by the way).

1 - The featurette on the final ep "Fade Out" clearly has some interviews with most of the cast and creative team from 2004 but is only 10 minutes long (some cast members speak for 15 seconds) - when / why was this filmed? Where is the rest of it? I can't imagine that all Amanda Foreman said (for example) was the 20seconds included in there. Anyone know where this stuff is from and why it was cramped into such a short featurette?

2 - (SPOILERS INCLUDED) This is more venting I don't know that I expect an answer, but why wouldn't they re edit and remaster the final ep to include the "Lost Elena" footage - the episode makes NO SENSE without and is pretty bad - with it changes EVERYTHING and is so interesting. Instead it's put into a separate featurette with poor quality and is simply worthless - seamlessly integrated could have been advertised as EXCLUSIVE UNSEEN EXTENDED FINAL EPISODE or something - so any clues why? It really make everything so disjointed.

Thanks all!

2. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

It would have cost a lot more money for them to remaster the final episode. They appear to simply slap the broadcast masters on the discs.

The scenes were only included at all because most people were saying "WTF?" when Elena showed up alive...