What's new

Felicity and Popular '05 early announcements (1 Viewer)

MattGSmith

Stunt Coordinator
I think it is rather ingenius of BV to let us know that the next season release is in the works. Both for Felicity and Popular. I wonder if they are putting the word out for those fans/consumers who wait for more than one release before they buy. Bravo to Buena Vista!

Any thoughts?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I'm excited about this too. I was really worried that popular would not get a second season release, because it doesn't seem like there is much of an interest in the first season (I'm surprised THAT'S getting released as it is...).

The news that season two will not only come out, but is being worked on at this time, is great news indeed.

Speaking of, any word on either of these? Anyone have reviews up?

I'm so excited about popular, I'm about to cave and order from amazon.com without the share the love thing because I don't have one yet, but I really want to pick this up now. (Release date is next tuesday)

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I'm excited about Felicity and Popular as well, but I can never give accolades to Buena Vista after their refusal to put out additional seasons of Once and Again.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

There was only one additional season of ONCE AND AGAIN to release. I don't know why they didn't finish it.

I never even got around to starting to watch season 1 since I was so upset about 2 not being released.

Josh_HI

Second Unit
I am so glad that they announced this.I just hope they stick with the plan. It has taken forever to get the Felicity sets out and I am so glad the final season will be coming soon.I hope this set has nice extras.:emoji_thumbsup: Maybe if were lucky, on Tuesday's release there will be a sneak peek or paper inside with the cover art.

Doug^Ch

Second Unit
I'm sorry to have jumped off the original thread, but I'm still puzzled why O&A, which had such a vocal fan base, did not sell better than it did. If I remember correctly there were a lot of NYPD Blue fans that were upset with O&A when it briefly took the place of that show. I assume the ratings of O&A had to have been decent at that time for ABC to replace at hit with it. So with OK ratings and a powerful fan based lobby, why oh why did it not sell in sufficient numbers to warrant a second season on DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks