Feet suggestions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Getson, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

I have a small problem. I have Mirage OM-7's and hardwood floors. The speakers came with little rubber feet, and nice gold feet. There is also carpet spikes that can be screwed into the feet then into the speaker. Because of the hardwood floors, the spikes are not an option. The rubber feet, for lack of a better term, suck. If I move the speaker, the rubber feet will fall off and/or stick to the floor. My question...is there a way to fasten the gold feet to the speaker? I have emailed Mirage in search of "spikless spikes". I also thought of using carpet tape, but that would be a last resort. Any suggestions?

2. Dave Getson

Dave Getson Stunt Coordinator

Hey all, I just wanted to say that I got in touch with Mirage, and they are going to send me threaded rods to screw into the brass feet, which will screw into the bottom of the speaker. This is exactly what I was hoping for. So for all you Mirage owners, if you wish to use your nice feet, not the carpet spikes or rubber feet, get in touch with Mirage and they'll help you out! Just provide them with your mailing address.