Feelings On Rotel Amps?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shannon W, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Shannon W

Shannon W Stunt Coordinator

Right now im looking into buy a Rotel 1075 High Current amp. "But" I dont know if it will work with my new Sony Str-De4es Reciver/PreAmp. Im going to use this to run my New Polk LSi9 Fronts,LSiC Center and LSiFx Rears. then also im needing a two channel amp for my suround speakers. any help would be a big help. Thanks Shannon

2. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I have a Rotel RMB-1075 and love it. It's hooked up to an h/k AVR 520 receiver, pushing Axiom speakers and the combo sounds great!
    I'd highly recommend this amp.[​IMG]
    Since your receiver has pre-out's, it should work just fine. You just need to buy interconnects to go from the receiver to the amp, then hook up your speakers to the amp and you're in business.
    I would let the Rotel run your mains, center and (side) surrounds and let the amp drive your surround back speakers. IMO, it'd be a waste to get a separate amp just to run your surround back channels since your receiver should be able to handle that load with ease.
    FWIW, I have a 5.1 system, so the Rotel drives all my speakers, but if I ever get the room to try 7.1, I'd get a quality 2-channel amp to drive my mains and let the Rotel handle the rest.
    Good luck!

3. Shannon W

Shannon W Stunt Coordinator

4. Tom Lee

Tom Lee Agent

Depends on your setup. Currently I'm using the RSP-1066 with a RMB-1075, I will be adding a RB-1080 to power my front L/R and using the 1075 to power the rest.

5. Ludwig Crumb

Ludwig Crumb Agent

Remember one thing about amps. A watt is a watt. Any amp made by a reputable manufacturer (Rotel qualifies) is fine.
    There have been dozens of double-blind tests conducted that have shown differences between two well designed amps/cdplayers/cables are inaudible. So the amp company that actually gets your hard earned Dollars should be whoever gives you the most WPC for the lowest price.

6. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

Ludwig:

7. Ludwig Crumb

Ludwig Crumb Agent

8. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

I am getting tired of reading all these articles about DBT. Maybe they have a point and maybe all amplifiers sound the same but I somehow prefer the sound of my Proceed and B&K over that of Denon but I could be biased in my listening or I could be hallucinating. I dont know what it is.
    Well looks like this thread is going to disintegrate into one of those DBT fireworks threads. I better get out and go listen to some music on my biased system before this thread catches fire.
    Have fun guys[​IMG]

9. RobertSchaez

RobertSchaez Stunt Coordinator

While I haven't heard one, I have heard great things about Parasound amps. I use a pair of Parasound wall-mounted all-weather speakers in my garage and they sound fantastic! They are also a very good company to deal with.

10. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I say that there are big sound differences between certain amp/speaker configurations some amps work better on some speakers than others.
    One thing I think you can hear is "Damping Factor" the higher the damping the lower impedances you can drive, better control over the driver.
    Some amps are not as "flat" as others and you can hear that.
    BTW everyone knows there are "watts" and then there are "JUMBO WATTS"