Feeling Mighty Ashamed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Nguyen, Aug 28, 2001.

1. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    my josie and the pussycats dvd arrived today from Columbia House and I hate to admit, but I'm finding myself reallllly amused by this movie [​IMG] I know it's silly, pretty shallow, but damn they're just too damn cute...and the music's pretty damned good too..
    From a technical perspective, the sound on the disc is pretty pumping, not totally emersive with surround effects, but the use of all channels is appropriate for the content. The video is quite good though; the movie is basically a real life cartoon with very vibrant, contrasting colors on screen at all times and the DVD does an excellent job of capturing that feel.
    please no hecklers [​IMG]
    o/~ i'm your back doooor looooover o/~

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

I was disappointed with the way the music sounded, though, and this isn't limited to the DVD. I noticed the same thing when I saw it theatrically (twice, frighteningly). I've listened to the soundtrack CD more times than I'd care to count, and the vox in the movie seem far too loud, and the distorted electric guitars in several songs (particularly the opener, "Three Small Words") seem way too low.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

3. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

I'd tend to agree.
    My judgements on the musical tracks was based purely on whether or not I liked the songs themselves. Guess my having liked Letters To Cleo prior to seeing the movie helped.