Feelin a Little Spooked Right Now!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck C, Mar 16, 2003.

1. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

I don't know how we got on the subject, but a buncha guys and I were just hanging out in one of my housemate's bedrooms and we shared stories of haunted houses and ghosts. Now I have all the light on, music playing, and my poor roommate is trying to sleep! One of our guys is sleeping in their room tonight cuz he's too spooked to go in his room upstairs! I don't want to get into the stories I heard tonight, but do you guys have any good ones? Anybody a believer? Anybody scare easy?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If someone posts a long post here I'll refuse to read it. [​IMG] I remember another guy named Scott was posting some pretty freaky stories a year or 2 ago and it took me a while to forget em while I was upstairs alone.

Same thing with me and The Ring. I was about to rent it the other day but went with 1hr Photo instead. It's not like I hate watching scary movies or anything, it's remembering em when no one else is around. :b I think I'll save it for Halloween.

3. Jordan_E

Jordan_E Cinematographer

Okay, here we go.
    When I was a teen I had a girlfriend and her younger sisters over to watch TV. We were downstairs when we heard something moving around upstairs. Being the supposed brave male, I went upstairs and discovered that the smaller TV on a roller stand had moved across the room! The plug in prongs were even bent when it was pulled out of the socket! We took the girls to the part immediately afterward. Jump ahead a time, after a few other strange incidents in that room, I was digging around my closet and found a large framed photo hanging inside. It was of a teenage girl, smiling at the camera. I asked my grandma who this person was and was told it was a friend of my aunt (it had been her bedroom years before) who was like part of the family. The girl had been hit and killed by a car right outside the house years before. I moved the picture to another room and nothing happened again. Swear to God that happened and probably explains my keen interest in anything in the realm of weirdness.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Due to family scheduling, I'm in a 120 yr old house by myself at least 3 nights a week. I hear creaks and other noises like it's going out of style. We also have an old empty 4 ft pool out back which makes all kinds of racket when some wind comes by. I used to get spooked super easily, but not so much anymore. All I have to suggest is drink til you forget what it is you're fearful of. Then pass out. [​IMG]

5. JoshF

JoshF Supporting Actor

I wanna hear what spooked you so bad, Chuck!

6. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I don't believe any of it. Never had. There is always a logical explanation.

I watched The Ring this weekend and wasn't impressed or scared. Sixth Sense and The Others was better (not scarey just better movies).

7. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Yeah, c'mon Chuck...Dish [​IMG]

8. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I'm expecting to see a post from either Jack or JulieK in 3...2...1...

[​IMG]

9. LDfan

LDfan Supporting Actor

The skeptics will be here in any minute so if anyone has anything spooky to write about you had better do it quickly.....

Jeff

10. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

No kidding. The skeptics briggade (pun & misspelling intended) usually shows up by post 3. They must be slacking!

11. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

No, just busy at the moment.

12. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Warning:

People who deny the existence of ghosts or ghouls may be ghosts/ghouls themselves.

13. Chuck C

Chuck C Cinematographer

Hey Scott...I think I remember that post from about 2 years ago. Freaked me out!

Okay here are the stories (now that it is daytime and I'm no longer spooked[​IMG]):

We got on the subject of hauntings bc we were talking about spring break, and one of our dudes went to NYC where there are lotsa old buildings and history.

First, my buddy talked about how his friend (female) thought her mom was knocking on her door one night. When the girl told her mom to come in, the knocking became more pronounced and rampant. Then she saw through a window or something that was next to the door that it wasn't her mother at all but some sorta hellish figure!

Then another buddy brought up his one experience that made him a believer. He never told anyone about it...in fact just thinking about it made his eyes well up with tears which was freaky in and of itself. He went to his friend's place in Boston a few years ago. The friend (female) and her sister lived in a 100yr+ old home. The whole point of the trip was to go ghost hunting in the woods! Well, nothing happened until my dude got back to the house and went to the bathroom. It was at the end of a long hallway. Facing the bathroom door was an old mirror, i.e. the mirror was behind him as he walked toward the bathroom. when he grasped the doorknob, he felt a gust of cold air and turned around quickly to observe no reflection in the mirror...only blackness. He locked himself in the bathroom scared shitless. He got up the courage to come out and everything was normal. The next day he told his friend (who lived there) about it, and she was so overwhelmed by the story that she started crying...turns out she experienced the same thing.

Then the same buddy told us a story about how when his mom was in college she had a roommate who summoned a spirit playing Ouija. The spirit followed her to college. So there's my friends mom, sleeping on the top bunk in the dorms at Kent State. She felt pressure under her like someone was pushing up on her bed with their feet. She went to go slap away the feet saying "c'mon, knock it off" directed toward her roommate....but no one was there!

Then we talked about how Ohio University in Athens, OH is haunted. Our buddy told us about how at the condemned insane asylum there, an inmate wandered into a closed wing one night and died there. They found the decomposed body 5 years later and the stain it left is still there.

We rambled on about other urban legends and such...then I came here to post and went to bed with my tail between my legs. The toughest part was walking from one room to my room...my heart jumped about 5 times at nothing! haha

BTW, retelling what I heard has me scared a lil [​IMG]

14. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

15. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Human suggestibility is fascinating. Far more fascinating than any alleged spooks. This can be fun for late-at-night scares with friends over a few brews. But cold gusts of air are just that: cold drafts of wind caused by long hallways and open windows and whatever else.

16. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Ok, I am reading this thread from work...My office is dead quiet and I work below street level so the window is above my head and behind me. As I am reading this thread someone knocks on the window REALLY loud!

Let me tell you, I jumped out of my skin!!!! [​IMG] How F'ed up is that?

17. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm

18. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

19. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Being scared by the fears in one's own mind is no evidence of the supernatural.

20. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Ok, enough of the spooky stories, not all "ghost" stories are scary...Take this story for what it's worth.

My grandfather died when I was a teen. He had been sick ever since I could remember so I never really got to know him as well as I would have liked to. A few months after he died, I started working in a rest home. I worked in the kitchen and would show up 30 minutes early to get a head start on setting up the dinning room. Every day, one of the older gentleman (Al) would come and help me, we'd talk every day, he actually looked a lot like my grandfather. I got to know this man really well. I felt a very special bond with him. A year later, (on the anniversary of my grandfathers death) I was looking forward to seeing Al hoping that it would ease the sadness I was feeling about my grandfather. When I got to work, I found out that he died (coincidentally on the same date as my grandfather did a year ago).

I know it was just coincidence, but I often felt as though my grandfather was somehow responsible for me meeting Al. Kind of like using Al as a way to make up for the bonding that I never got to do with him.