Feel free to laugh at this important lesson I learned

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RobertCharlotte, Mar 14, 2002.

1. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

I was out of town and for kicks I popped into a CD Warehouse to see what was up. Sopranos season 1 for $54 was up, and the guy told me (though I think he lied, I was already hooked, whatayagonnado?) it was new, not used.

Lessons learned:
    1. Don't buy stuff out of town.
    2. If breaking rule 1, open and inspect your purchase before leaving the store.
    3. If breaking rule 2, ask if you can return item to the store of the same name in your town if for some reason you are dissatisfied.
    Got home, opened my package, had a bad scratch in disc 3, called local CD Warehouse, learned they are independently owned and that I would have to go back to the place of purchase to return it.

Ugh.

Okay, let the laughter start.

2. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

You won't see me laughing. I buy used quite a bit (when I can find a decent price which is getting harder). Although I'm always careful to check the discs before I buy, I could see this happening to me if I got in a hurry. How bad of a scratch is it? Will it still play?

3. RobertCharlotte

RobertCharlotte Supporting Actor

Complete gouge. Frankly, I'm surprised I didn't see it before I opened the package. My player hit it like a brick wall and it was like I pressed the pause button. Fortunately, I was able to skip to the next chapter and finish out the episode, but I have since taken the set back. Due to some issues with the only other copy of season 1 they had in (broken hubs, etc.), I wound up just exchanging my bad disc for a good one rather than the whole set. Good part about that, I'm not out another 13 hours watching for defects. [​IMG]
    Bad part, I don't have an excuse to watch all of season 1 again. [​IMG]