What's new

Feedback Wanted - Making HTF's Site Faster (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Jason_V said:
Perfect Dave. That fixed the Quote function. :D
But speaking of which.....

I have a question about Quote function, and this is an example. I'm not getting the multiple/nested quotes like I used to. This one, in the past, would have shown Jason's AND Dave's, but as you can see, there is only Jason's. What changed, or what am I doing wrong?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
FoxyMulder said:
The things i use seem to be fixed, pull down working as are the quotes.
Jason_V said:
Perfect Dave. That fixed the Quote function. :D
Charles Smith said:

I have a question about Quote function, and this is an example. I'm not getting the multiple/nested quotes like I used to. This one, in the past, would have shown Jason's AND Dave's, but as you can see, there is only Jason's. What changed, or what am I doing wrong?
Are you using the multiquote feature/button?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Cameron Yee said:
Just thought i'd test this as i have never used it, you click a small rectangular link at the bottom right of the screen, that can easily be missed, at first i thought the multiquote wasn't working until i noticed the message, i guess it could be easy to miss.
Charles Smith said:

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Cameron Yee said:
No. That's a different function -- it's for quoting from more than one response in the thread. But I'm using it right here to reply to post #44, and as you can see, I'm still getting only your question, NOT the rest of #44.

I guess I'm not asking this in a way that's making sense...?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Charles,I think you may be a little confused. The default behavior of the software is to strip extra quotes out - to prevent spam. If it was behaving otherwise, it must have been a user preference you set. I'd have to do some digging to find out more.

Charles Smith

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Thanks, Dave.

I wonder if it worked the way I'm thinking (not stripping the extra quotes out) on the old platform. The reason I think we had it before is that I'm careful about keeping quoting to a bare minimum, using only what's relevant to my reply, and I could swear I was often deleting a lot of extraneous content when quoting.

But regardless -- if this is the way it's supposed to work, then all is well!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
I think the HTF has gotten a LOT faster over the last couple weeks.I never surf the HTF on a mobile device...so, I'm talking about use on my PC utilizing Windows 7 and Firefox 27.01.When I currently click on Topics I Follow to refresh those topics to which I am subscribed and have been recently posted-in, I find the list is generated in a second or two...rather than the 5 to 10 seconds that used to be the case. I have been quite impressed by that.
This doesn't seem to be the case for me any more.

When I click on Topics I Follow I now have to wait again a little bit before the page refreshes. It is as if we have returned to the status we had before this announcement.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Thanks for mentioning this Mike. Our changes are still in effect, but we never control our ad networks. I'll PM you to assist me with some testing n

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Mike Frezon said:
This doesn't seem to be the case for me any more.

When I click on Topics I Follow I now have to wait again a little bit before the page refreshes. It is as if we have returned to the status we had before this announcement.
Since I posted this a couple weeks ago, things have bogged down even further.

When I click on the "Content I Follow" button, it takes even longer for the page containing my subscribed threads to load.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Post views seem to be only increasing/updating when a new post is added. Did not the views update numerous times per day, previously?

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Bob,
This was something we had turned off when the board was having performance issues. I have reenabled immediate post count recalculation.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Dave Upton said:
Bob,
This was something we had turned off when the board was having performance issues. I have reenabled immediate post count recalculation.
Now THAT'S interesting. I have been wondering for quite some while why whenever I post a Weekly RoundUp I can't see how many people have viewed it until someone else makes a post!

Now I guess I'll be able to.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks, Dave, for the quick action.I was concerned when I noticed the view counts in threads, including the popular Tribute threads in After Hours, were standing still view-wise. Since you turned the immediate views back on, the Brunette views have increased by about 300 in three hours! On the other hand the pinched foot nerve thread has had only about 7 new views, so far.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
I've had a few Suspicious Webpage alerts recently in threads with a lot of user pics, has anyone else seen this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks