What's new

Feedback on HT system for $900 (1 Viewer)

bodosko

Grip
Real Name
Eduardo
Hi After searching and asking a lot I ended up choosing this HT: All with Free shipping. AVR ONKYO TX-NR515 - $298 (Amazon) BIC America DV62SI - $110 x 3 = $330 (BB) BIC America DV62CLRS - $105 (BB) BIC America F12 Sub - $185 (BB) Total: $918 What do you think? Can you give me your opinions and recommends?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I don't think you could do any better for $900-ish. What you've got(and I checked used as well) is about as good as it gets. I did find a couple of V/DV 52(shockingly there are no 62) for not much less than you paid new. The only "improvement" might be the lone used BIC H100 on Fleabay...and that is only if it stays less than the price you paid for the F12 new...

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Maybe if you were patient and pieced together a Polk RTi system from Frys (if you have one near you). They rarely have them all on sale at once. And I've never heard the BIC's so I can't say for sure the RTi's would be better but I sure hope they would be. These 5 Rti's I've listed retailed for over $900 when they first came out. RTi6's - $199 RTi4's - $129 CSi3 - $99

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
gene c said:
Maybe if you were patient and pieced together a Polk RTi system from Frys (if you have one near you). They rarely have them all on sale at once. And I've never heard the BIC's so I can't say for sure the RTi's would be better but I sure hope they would be. These 5 Rti's I've listed retailed for over $900 when they first came out. RTi6's - $199 RTi4's - $129 CSi3 - $99
I've never seen the RTi6 below $180/pair. That would have still been $540. The RTi4 is no match for the BIC DV62. The DV52, sure. (but BIC no longer makes the DV52 "indoor", they just have the outdoor DV52).

bodosko

Grip
Real Name
Eduardo
I ended up getting 6 BIC DV6, 1 Klipsch KC-25 Center and a BIC F12 Sub. I got the Klipsch Center cause Bestbuy screwed up my order. I paid a little more for it ($250) but was my last resort. Also I bought a Rocketfish sub cable, 7 pairs of Monster Banana connectors and I will use my 16AWG speaker wires What do you think?

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
Originally Posted by bodosko
I ended up getting 6 BIC DV6, 1 Klipsch KC-25 Center and a BIC F12 Sub.
I got the Klipsch Center cause Bestbuy screwed up my order.
I paid a little more for it ($250) but was my last resort.
Also I bought a Rocketfish sub cable, 7 pairs of Monster Banana connectors and I will use my 16AWG speaker wires
What do you think?
Wait - I'm confused. If Best Buy screwed up the order, why did you end up paying more for a speaker that you didn't necessarily want? Did they not try AT ALL to make things right with you?
Having a mismatched center is really not a good idea - particularly if it's a Klipsch and your mains are not. Klipsch speakers tend to have a pretty unique sound to them - so sounds that pan across the front soundstage (which happens a lot in modern movie soundtracks) are going to vary somewhat significantly as they move from speaker to speaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks